Swingarm question for Frank

OB_cbxchris

Registered
Frank I`ve seen the pictures of your bike...is your swingarm chromed or just polished? I`ve been advised both ways on this...if it is a stock length it is OK to chrome but if extended it will flex and the chrome will come off...what have you seen and what do you think? Chrome or polish...this arm will be stock length. THANKS!

Oh Chris? I hope your not talking about stock length on the Busa that your building a motor for. Are you?

Chrome....buddy!

Chrome all the way...

Hell..If I didn't have to redo this damn motor of mine, My plans were to chrome the frame after I had it raked.

BTW, My Busa is going on the dyno tomorrow :)

No really, Your going to have to have a arm on that bike if you want to get full use of your new power.

On the other hand, you might try to rake your frame.

But I still think you'll have your hands full!

What do you think?

Frank

Frank,

I was wondering, why chrome it instead of polishing the aluminum?

I am trying to decide which method yeilds the best overall results.

Thanks

You are right I like to go up in mountains and ride and do not want to lose cornering. I`ll probably never run it at strip...wheelies here I come...thanks for the input!!! Frank this bike is not one with engine...have not completely decided what to do yet on it.It is progessing nicely....

TurboTim: When it's finished and all the efi dialing is done, I'll open up a New can of worms for everyone...

Xen Racer: Frames are ok to maintain but Rim's are a pain in the A-S-S!
Nothing beats the looks of chrome. The hard part is just find a dependable Chromer to do your work with out ripping you off. I've yet to find one of those....

cbxchris: Stock Arm?.....Polish that baby up!
The stock Busa arm's polish up real nice! Most of your work will be on that stupid Box Brace. I've extended & polished four of those arm's now....

KawAbuser: I bet you know what I'm thinking when it comes to extended aftermarket swingarms? I'm probably going to get ripped on!.....But, If wanting a extended aftermarket arm?
You would be a fool not to check out the package that comes with the arm thats on My Busa! I've yet to see anything come close to beating it....(ok guy's I'm ready, start ripping)

Frank

Frank, your bike is beautiful from what I could see of the pictures you sent me a long time ago (before the 1420 motor).

The JMC on Rothwells bike is a arm of a differant nature, Frank yours is for the strip and not so much for the street.

Frank for the street I`d have to back Kawabuser on the JMC...unbelievable...had one on a cbx...engineering is again the best and finish is also great...not that expensive...I will run one on my bike with engine...had already checked on it when this came up. If someone wanted a trick stock length arm they have some unique chain adjusters and design. They quoted me around 10-12 week delivery...they are in UK

KawAbuser, Terry can make you any length you need! ANY!

When I talk about the arm(Terry's) I'm talking about everything you get with it. Bearings, Chain guard ect ect.

Look at the welds and how it's supported, you'll know you have a good piece(swingarm) after that..

Frank

Chris the RAM single sided arms are finally able to be delivered in just a couple weeks.
I have recieved two of them and they are a stunning piece of engineering/craftsmanship.

The JMC product would be my choice for a conventional arm. They offer many options in regards to wheel adjustment. And as stated above their cost is justified with quality and finish.

Frank where can I find a pic of your bike.I saw it once a while back but cant find it anymore.Really nice lookin ride by the way.

frank, i would like a pic of your bike also. i have a 00' blue/silver and need some ideas. i have a set of rc tritons to put on my bike.

Back