Swingarm Question

hckyguy1

Registered
Okay I have a question. I am looking to buy a swingarm to have extended. I want it to be polished or raw aluminum. I can get a black one for a good price, and my question is this. If I were to get a black one would I be able to just sand it down to polish it or would that ruin the swingarm? I guess I dont really know if they are just powder coated or what? Anyone know if it would be okay to do that or would it ruin the swingarm?

Pull the bearings all out...then you would have to blast it or burn off the orig powder coat! Then your ok to polish away. Have fun....

Sure you wouldn't rather just have chrome? Polishing is alot of work, and alot of maintenance. It's a pain to keep looking good.

Yes, I would rather have a chrome one, but I dont have they money to buy a chrome one, or to get one chromed, especially after spending all of my money on the bike. The polished I can do by myself, will just take alot of work. Plus, down the road when I have more money I can always upgrade.

Yes, I would rather have a chrome one, but I dont have they money to buy a chrome one, or to get one chromed, especially after spending all of my money on the bike. The polished I can do by myself, will just take alot of work. Plus, down the road when I have more money I can always upgrade.

your gonna have some money wrapped up in a polished one even if you do it yourself plus quite a bit of time. have to talked to jonreed to see how much an exchange is?

your gonna have some money wrapped up in a polished one even if you do it yourself plus quite a bit of time. have to talked to jonreed to see how much an exchange is?

cant say I know who that is... and even if I were to do that I would still need one to exchange, which I could do with this one if I decided to, I want to keep my factory one incase I change my mind or were to buy a different bike then I could put stock back on to sell it later down the road.

+1 you may want to look around first, you might find what you're looking for cheaper than you think. After you polish it, and re polish, and re polish, and...you might have wished you saved just a little extra:laugh: been there, done that.

+1 you may want to look around first, you might find what you're looking for cheaper than you think. After you polish it, and re polish, and re polish, and...you might have wished you saved just a little extra:laugh: been there, done that.

okay will do. So does anyone know a place I can do an exhange to get a chrome extended? looking for between 4 and 8 over, not completely sure what I want in that range yet though.

okay will do. So does anyone know a place I can do an exhange to get a chrome extended? looking for between 4 and 8 over, not completely sure what I want in that range yet though.

someone like jonreed (our sportchrome sponsor) can do a polished arm even if you dont wanna do chrome now, but like stated polished takes more maintenance. he can also plate any arm you get.

you could do a chrome stock arm and chrome bolt on extensions.

there are several places that can extend your arm, then you can send it off to have it chromed. talk to places like spencer cycle our site sponsor and they can help you out.

but someone like roaring toys can get you a new arm chromed if you wanna go that route.

cant say I know who that is... and even if I were to do that I would still need one to exchange, which I could do with this one if I decided to, I want to keep my factory one incase I change my mind or were to buy a different bike then I could put stock back on to sell it later down the road.

you can buy another arm outright.... but if your wanting to keep your stock arm wouldnt that leave you without the option of polishing the one you have?

jonreed is a site sponsor. thats his scree name. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/members/jonreed-2345.html

you can buy another arm outright.... but if your wanting to keep your stock arm wouldnt that leave you without the option of polishing the one you have?

jonreed is a site sponsor. thats his scree name. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/members/jonreed-2345.html

I want to keep my stock one the way it is for if I were to decide to sell the bike then I would be able to keep the extended. I want to buy the second one to get extended and then either chromed or polished possibly.

Also, anyone know what I should expect to pay to have an arm extended (not bolt ons) and then chromed?

Last edited:
also, forgot to ask, once I put the extended arm on, will I need to get an extended brake bar for the rear too? Or do I not need the brake bar? looks like some of the extended Busa's I have seen dont have a brake bar on them?

prob in the neighborhood of 1000. about 600 to get it stretched, and about another 350 to get it dipped. brake setups will vary from manufacturer, but yes you most likely will need a diff brake bar if you get a stretched adjustable arm. i'm not familiar with every arm and setup out there.

I can do the whole thing for you shock and all have core in stock so you can keep riing till it's done..

Back