Swingarm extesions

busaboy51

Registered
I just purchased swingarm extension kit for my 05 busa they go from for 4-8 inches what is a good setting to put them at i want my bike to hook the road good and still have good cornering and handeling help me out dueces.

Set it about an inch from the back so you got room for chain stretch and if you don't like it pull it in. It really isn't that offensive riding a stretched bike. Some people say 6 is good. I couldn't tell much difference between 6 & 7 over on mine

Like SSober says leave about an inch for chain adjustments. You can always pull it in if you don't like it. Just stretched my 06' in January and its 8" back, I like the look and the ride is not all that different. May require a little more effort in turning but I think its just a matter of riding the bike and getting used to the feel of it. Stretch it and enjoy it is what I was told...:thumbsup:

If you ever rode a bike with extension, you know you may have to change your riding style alittle bit. I've been riding on streched bikes for about 6yrs so that is my style. I'm extended 6" over and I still curve with some the best of them. Don't get me wrong I cant drag knees but you won't leave me either. The biggest thing you will find is your bike may tend to float alittle going into curves. What I do is start out deeper in the curve to compensate for the floating. Other than that have fun. GONE

My bike is set a 7"

DSC00071.jpg

love the black frame/swing arm with all that chrome. looks great man. and those brake caliper shrouds are very trick lookin

I have an extra swingarm that was on my '01 GSXR 750 that is extended 6" BTW 6" is a perfect look and ride. But does anyone know if it will fit my '04 Busa

Back