what length?

therel82

Registered
I'm not an expert when in comes down to motocycles so can someone give me the right answer to this question. I'm thinking about buying some 4-6", 4-8" extensions or buy an 3-9" adjustable swingarm. I don't know what chain kit( or package) and what brake line kit to purchase. What I'm getting at is I've seen 18",20" 21" 22" brake line kits, and 520, 530, 540 chains, but I don't know which one to buy. Can someone shine some light on this for me?

Thanks

I can partially answer one of your questions; stock hayabusa chain is #530 and is 112 links long. Your countershaft sprocket and rear sprocket will have to match whatever pitch (520,530,540)chain you decide on. Exact lengths will depend on what swingarm config you go with. Most likely you will need a long chain and have it cut to size. As for brakeline length, I'd use a tape measure and some good guesswork...
smile.gif

I stretched mine 4-6 inches, bought a 150 link chain cause it was on sale, not sure exactly how many links I actually used, didnt have to buy a brake line, the stock one reached fine for the length I was stretching , I just unwrapped it and ran it straight back,

12 inch arm and also bought a 150 link. Talk to Charles at street and track, He'll get you right!!

Back