swingarm extension question!

cle2ric

Registered
Whats up guys. I want to extend my busa about 6 inches. Do I have to do anything with the brakes or brake lines or anything else for that matter? Also can anybody put pictures of there extended busa's up (Brake side showing) for me to look at?

Thanks

Chian of course, and you will need a new brake line and brake arm. Sorry no pics I haven't got mine on yet .

You can go 6 over with the stock brake line. Look at the line at the front of your swingarm. It goes forward. I spun it around so it goes backwards. More than long enough. You need an extended brake arm.

brake line is fine for 6" or less... brake arm = piece of metal with two holes in it.

I can give you specs if needed.......

cache I e-mailed you to get the specs. Why buy it if you can make it!

thanks
you may have emailed when the mail server was down, I didn't get it.....

send again your email to cache@hayabusa.org

:;
smile.gif

You need to extend the chain if you only go 6 inches back the brake line is long enough. The kits being sold come with a bracket for the caliper to reposition it and make it work properly. Take a look here www.rnrfabrication.com these guys have them really cheap. I would carfull about making these there is a lot of stress on the swingarm of a bike and if they are made incorrectly you could really hurt yourself.

Back