swapping to synthetic oil

birdaprey

Registered
I've got 13,400 miles on my 2002 busa... is it to late to swap to synthetic motor oil???( I bought some Mobil one, but now I'm wondering if I have too many miles to swap over)

im pretty sure that you can switch to synthetic pretty much anytime you want but if you go synth you cant go back i don't really know why but i've always owned older cars with high miles the worst was a 88 vw with 880 thousand miles is where the odometer was broken and i switched it to mobile 1 with no problems what so ever and as long as you havent beat the hell out of your bike i don't really see why this would be a problem

thanks
beerchug.gif
I'll get right on it!!

(BlkDrgnZ28 @ Jul. 19 2007,20:26) im pretty sure that you can switch to synthetic pretty much anytime you want but if you go synth you cant go back i don't really know why but i've always owned older cars with high miles the worst was a 88 vw with 880 thousand miles is where the odometer was broken and i switched it to mobile 1 with no problems what so ever and as long as you havent beat the hell out of your bike i don't really see why this would be a problem
It's never too late to switch to synthetic...

But you CAN go back to dino oil (but WHY would you want to?)

Unlike some of the blends and synthetic oils of years gone by, the new synthetics don't prevent you from switching oils at the next oil change.

Myths... typical myths... much like TRE's

LOL - I just HAD to go there
all_coholic.gif

Oh.. and punctuation and sentences are your friend.  It makes your message MUCH more understandable.
beerchug.gif

Do you have to to anything special when switching over to synthetic or just drain out Dino and put in the synthetic?

(SpeedGeek @ Jul. 20 2007,15:24) Oh.. and punctuation and sentences are your friend.  It makes your message MUCH more understandable.
beerchug.gif
Ehh its one of my downfalls, I hate writing properly with a passion.  I guess it does make things a little easier to understand...

I'm sure i probably butchered the sentances all up but theres a reason i always sucked in english

(BlkDrgnZ28 @ Jul. 21 2007,02:21)
(SpeedGeek @ Jul. 20 2007,15:24) Oh.. and punctuation and sentences are your friend. It makes your message MUCH more understandable.
beerchug.gif
Ehh its one of my downfalls, I hate writing properly with a passion. I guess it does make things a little easier to understand...

I'm sure i probably butchered the sentances all up but theres a reason i always sucked in english
Ehhh, it's not his fault- he's a chevy guy...
poke.gif
poke.gif

j/k, saw the Z28 and couldn't resist, I'm a Mustang guy since 1985!!
smile.gif
This one is my 87 I ordered and bought new-

Stang.JPG

poke.gif

Back