Anyone use Castrol R4 Synthetic?

phsylo

Registered
Just wondering if anyone has used Castrol R4 Fully Synthetic oil before? From what I can tell it only comes in 5w40 also. Would that be a problem? I've also heard that Sikolene Pro-4 Race is also a good oil. Any thoughts on that one? Looking to do a first time swap to a full Synthetic. I've also read on the site guy's saying their engines tend to use oil periodically when running sythetics. Any truth to that? Any info. will be greatly appreciated.

Phsylo, 07' Black Busa

busa_002.jpg

I run R4 and so far so good, but I do change my oil more often the required so I have not noticed a drop in oil level.

I use AMS oil or the Mobil 1 Both Syn. I change oil every 600miles tho.

I use AMS oil or the Mobil 1 Both Syn. I change oil every 600miles tho.
U r crazy every 600 miles. what do you do change your oil every week. I would think every 3k is good since some guys have 50k plus miles and chage t every 3k. I use mx4t no oil burn off. and for me every 3k is just fine.

Well being a motorcycle/race car owner and Automotive Tech. most of my life, I have seen the differnce between changing your oil frequently and not. The oil is the blood of your baby (busa) and the cleaner you keep it the longer it will last with no fail.
I put about 600 miles every 2-3 mounths but even if I put 600 miles on it a day, I would change it every day. I dont plain on buying another bike, EVER. And I want to have many problem free years of riding so thats why I am so anal with it.

Ride SAFE
Ride FAST
firedevil.gif

some guy told me synthetic does't leave burn residue? p.s. i'm looking to switch if so.

Back