Does your bike run hotter on full synthetic oil?

That oil may be fine, but I quit using Castrol when Mobil sued them over the term synthetic (and lost). Basically the term synthetic doesn't really mean no dino oil in it. I like Amsoil 10-40w although it's expensive even with a discount. Harley didn't like synthetics for years but then realized their bikes would run much cooler with less wear so now they use it.

What Are Synthetic Lubricants?

Been running Alisyn full synthetic since 500 miles and never ran hot once. (knocking on wood now)

Placebo.:laugh:

Golden rule with oil though, thinner is alway better than thicker, when going away from factory recommendations. Better hydrodynamic lubrication, with a synthetic film you have good boundary lubrication, means you can go thinner.

That Castrol will probably shear down to 40 anyway, after about 400 miles, just grip it and rip it.:laugh:

Jelly I put something like Motul 10w40 in it during first service at dealer. Can't really remember if it was synthetic or not? But anyway with that my bike was the most 'clickety clack' noisiest thing. Even more so than the stuff that came in it. It was so noticeably diff I thought something was wrong like they forgot to put oil in or not enough? Checked it and all was fine. I've always used a slightly thicker oil and found the bike to be much more quieter.

10/40 will be better for HP, 20/50 is good for the heat here in Fla. Full Syn will give you less ckikity clakity than dino or blended usually helps shifting smoothness too. Either grade in full syn is good here in Fla.

Jelly I put something like Motul 10w40 in it during first service at dealer. Can't really remember if it was synthetic or not? But anyway with that my bike was the most 'clickety clack' noisiest thing. Even more so than the stuff that came in it. It was so noticeably diff I thought something was wrong like they forgot to put oil in or not enough? Checked it and all was fine. I've always used a slightly thicker oil and found the bike to be much more quieter.

If I recal, Semi uses only Motul.

Mine is noisy when dirty, but after a wash with Meguiars it purrs like a kitten.:laugh:

Back