will synthetic oil make my bike faster?lol

mccama69

Registered
hey guys, i have an 05 with only 6000 miles and i want to switch to synthetic oil. which is the best one to use? are they all the same? thanks

Please use SEARCH button on top of every page. This topic was discussed 10 000 times already.

Short answer is Royal Purple is the best one and they are not the same.

Recently started using this w/ no probs whatsoever ($16.00 a gallon at Wally-World). Others have used it for tens of thousands of miles.

SHELL_Rotella.jpg

just for laffs?? I switched to Amsoil from using Royal Purple the last 8k miles and?? bike is not as 'quiet' at idle, and the bike is much quicker to heat up...turnd up my idle screw a bit to mess w/block temp and letn bike idle at 1200rpms, bike was constantly kickn the fan on...in other words, getn too hot, too fast...when I ran RP last year putzing around in Rush hour traffic in 85-90deg heat, NO PROBLEMS...when I took the bike down to NC for the Spring Bash, I hadnt changed oil since winter, and bike was running smother than it does right now w/fresh Amsoil....just IMO?? but RP kicks Amsoils butt
guns.gif
cant wait to swap back to my Thick Purple kool-aid
bowdown.gif

Just called my local advance autoparts royal purple max cycle 175.00 a case 17.00 a quart JEZUS thats expensive oil they are gettin me some this week, i always used amsoil in the past and do seem to think that my busa and my harley run hotter so ill let ya know after i get her back from carpenter racing.

Just called my local advance autoparts royal purple max cycle 175.00 a case 17.00 a quart JEZUS thats expensive oil they are gettin me some this week, i always used amsoil in the past and do seem to think that my busa and my harley run hotter so ill let ya know after i get her back from carpenter racing.
much less expensive online. Ask board sponsors, they will hook you up.

Only repainting to a faster color will make it faster.

BTW - fastest color = Blue/silver

doesn't matter-just make sure you change it-twisting your wrist will make you're bike faster---

Damn, learn something new every day. I use Rotella in my Power Stroke, but didn't know it was applicable to my 'Busa

I'm gonna try synthetic on my next oil change. See if there's a difference and do something nice for my baby.

Back