Swapping Frames?

MidnightBusainSD

Busa Rancher
Donating Member
Registered
I got a local guy here that bought a busa wrecked about 7 months ago he runs a local custom bike builder shop (KlockWorks) And he just dosen't have the time to do the work himself so he asked me how much i'd have to have to swap his motor out for him? so what would be a good price to charge him to do this kinda job i have all the tools to do it cause i have done it once on my own bike when the motor was rebuilt

So i need to swap his motor and everyhting into the new frame he got so what kinda dollar figure would be reasonable?
thanks much

he also consider trading some work on building my own custom bike so that is another option i am consider

To swap every part off one frame on to another, I'd prolly charge about $5-600 US
Going to agree with you on that one monsta. A buddy of mine who had his framed chromed took his bike to the Suzuki shop and they charged him $1200. That's for uninstall, then re-install. So that 5 to 600 dollar figure to install it should be about right. Then again, it depends on what kind of custom work you want done. In ecomonics, it's called "opportunity cost."

Dude, sounds like a SH!D ton of work that isn't going to be all that fun. $5-600 might be a little light... JC says $20 hours MIN.... That's for a PRo in a full shop. So add about 50% to that and your prolly looking at a few days worth of work... But then... I tend to be pretty methodical...

I mean assuming of course I would even be able to tackle a thing like this...

They Pay shipping to Italy???
thumbs-up.gif

Thanks for all the opinions guys and i have all the tools to do it and he has all the parts needed I was also considering the 500-700 dollar range or he talked about tradeing me a Roller Chassie for a custom Scoot all that is needed on it is paint, motor, trans, and the rear sproket So i may be farther ahead going that route since i do wana buil a custom chopper down the road and the roller he has to offer has the setup that i want for the most part. Spoke wheels gotta go though be he said he could trade me them also

any custom work he wants done to the bike he plans to do himself like polish the frame, swingarm and paint he'll do inhouse since he has guys he pays to do that also might get my bike on a dyno finnally i found he has a Dyno Jet granted his guy has done mostly harleys around here yes i know that could be bad but i talked to him and he went to get the training done at dynojet and i guess they had him on a busa to show him how to tune a bike so that might be nice rather then running 400 miles to get a dyno i have one in my back yard of 50 miles away
smile.gif

yes i know my mile long run on rant of no punction
tounge.gif

Thanks for all the opinions guys and i have all the tools to do it and he has all the parts needed I was also considering the 500-700 dollar range or he talked about tradeing me a Roller Chassie for a custom Scoot all that is needed on it is paint, motor, trans, and the rear sproket So i may be farther ahead going that route since i do wana buil a custom chopper down the road and the roller he has to offer has the setup that i want for the most part. Spoke wheels gotta go though be he said he could trade me them also

any custom work he wants done to the bike he plans to do himself like polish the frame, swingarm and paint he'll do inhouse since he has guys he pays to do that also might get my bike on a dyno finnally i found he has a Dyno Jet granted his guy has done mostly harleys around here yes i know that could be bad but i talked to him and he went to get the training done at dynojet and i guess they had him on a busa to show him how to tune a bike so that might be nice rather then running 400 miles to get a dyno i have one in my back yard of 50 miles away
smile.gif

yes i know my mile long run on rant of no punction
tounge.gif
A little EXCITED aren't you?
rock.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

Back