Busa Frame

rdx4me

Registered
Anyone heard of putting a Busa motor in a GSXR750 frame? In my quest to find a Busa frame a local bike shop mentioned this swap as there is a GSXR 750 in need of a motor not too far away...

Or any good leads on a Busa frame without getting screwed? Haven't checked on what a brand new one from the dealer cost but I've seen them on E-bay for $2500+...

Actually...Click. I went up $600 and quit cause he wouldn't respond with a clearer pic of the VIN but it could've been had for less than $1200. A dealer is going to tear you a new butthole. Save up a couple thousand and get a frame from a racer (usually low miles) or buy a wrecked bike with a good frame and you'll come out best.

Frame work needed to make work in the end a busa frame is better bolt up and go.

pm sent.

Talked to the local dealer and he quoted around $2500+. That's ridiculous!

How many beer cans does it take to make a frame anyhow?

Showtime,

I saw the same frame and thought it wierd that the VIN was so fuzzy!  There's one in Nebraska that shows Clear title including VIN.

FL DMV has a tool where you can type in the VIN or Title # and it pulls it right up...

Whats up with your frame do you have a salvage cert? if so would be a lot cheaper for you to pick up a frame without a vin and then put yours on it and then go the route of a rebuilt title. You have to take your time and watch ebay but the frames are available usually its people that bought the bike at insurance auction with just a bill of sale so the frame goes cheap. I just picked one up for an 07 that I am working on for $300 bucks.

If you dont have a title or salvage cert on your frame then you are going to pay the big dollar for a frame with a good title.

Whats up with your frame do you have a salvage cert? if so would be a lot cheaper for you to pick up a frame without a vin and then put yours on it and then go the route of a rebuilt title. You have to take your time and watch ebay but the frames are available usually its people that bought the bike at insurance auction with just a bill of sale so the frame goes cheap. I just picked one up for an 07 that I am working on for $300 bucks.

If you dont have a title or salvage cert on your frame then you are going to pay the big dollar for a frame with a good title.
Vin swapping is actually illegal,DMV is the only one that is suppose to do them.Vin Swaps are only suppose to be done if frame is brought from Dealer due to crash or theft that resulted in vin being sanded off and you must have proof from police report.Several bikes in the impound I know of in oregon/washington for this same reason.

null<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Suzuki-Hayabusa-Frame-Good-GSX1300R-Busa-GSXR-1300_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35585QQ
ihZ002QQitemZ120275038303QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">Click</a> 14hrs remaining. May get outta hand but worth a shot.

Vin swapping is actually illegal,DMV is the only one that is suppose to do them.Vin Swaps are only suppose to be done if frame is brought from Dealer due to crash or theft that resulted in vin being sanded off and you must have proof from police report.Several bikes in the impound I know of in oregon/washington for this same reason.
That may be the case where you are but here and I know also in Pa. you can have the dmv reissue the vin from one frame to another since the frame is considered just another part of the bike and may at some point need replaced. so long as you have proof of where you purchased it you can get this done. Since the case we are talking about here is in Flordia I am not 100%sure of their laws but I have done bikes out of florida and do know they issue salvage cert's just as most states do.

Worst case almost every state offers an assembled title and again so long as you have proof of purchase of the parts you can put the bike together and title it as an assembled. I dont care to do that type of thing but have done a couple for friend that were looking to keep the bike for themselves.

Back