Air intake options

There is quite a bit of mass above the engine in the form of the airbox...not sure how to re-route the airbox and still maintain the volume required..there has to be a way though...

Engine.jpg

I think what you are doing is unique and perhaps never been done before (at least on this forum).

In order to get where you need to be, your engine needs to be in the frame so you know the clearances required. We would all be guessing at this stage.

I do know the Hayabusa engine is pretty dependent on proper air flow and pressures...messing with that too much will really affect how the engine runs.
Understood and agreed, I know I won’t be getting max potential out of it through the swap. But if I can come up with something that works well I’ll be more then happy with it.

i wouldn’t hung up onp trying to fit the air box, their are plenty of busa swaps that make good power and don’t have the oem air box. as mentioned above the busa has down draft style tb which would likely put the airbox where the upper frame rails and gas tank are located. your swap will be unique but plenty of sportbike engines have been swapped into similar style frames. you can look at atv/4 wheelers for example with sportbike engine swaps and look at how the upper frame rails are modified to clear that type of throttle body. velocity stay with a clamp on filter at the end will simplify the swap. the engine is exposed to the open atmosphere, its not inside an engine bay so breathing heat soak air is not as big of an issue.

maybe this style of dual inlet filter might work. run one angled to the right and one to the left since the factory frame rail tapers in this area and might give u clearance issues unless you plan on modifying that area. if u havent already, i would slide the engine in the frame and get some measurements. also you are going to need to have room for a battery so you probably won’tbe able to fill all of that area with intake tubing. a small LiPO battery will help free up room.

98B605C8-1826-4322-B884-090BACAE6828.jpeg

4515DD75-6E9F-4DD9-9F42-913A94691DCD.jpeg

Back