Air Box Ramblings....

Blue Bayou

Registered
GM everyone. After watching some You-tube videos and reading up on the board about the air box mod, I de-cidered to open up my airbox and make sure the flapper-dapper is working. Looks like the flapper is still there and working normally. Then I got to looking at the velocity stacks and began
thinking about the motor. For some reason from the very beginning I had the feeling that the Busa motor had both TUNED INTAKE and EXHAUST. Very interesting. These guys that engineered this motor were VERY smart and had to design everything with the EPA regs in mind, hence the flapper.
From what I could see, the velocity stacks are shorter on the outside because it's a longer distance
to the same point on the intake manifold. This makes the distances all the same from the stack entrance to the intake manifold, hence the same tuning for each cylinder.
Due to the government starting to get their pants on fire about global warming/climate change, I am hesitant to start hacking up the emissions components on my engine. All they have to do is pass a couple laws and we'll all be scrambling to find the parts that we took off our bikes. :(
So, at this point, I think I'll look into getting a nice K&N air cleaner and leave it at that.
The weather here is hot and snakey, not much fun riding..!!
Be safe.
BB

Last edited:
:lol:, what was I thinking, K&N air filter???? SEVENTY FIVE dollars...???????
Are those people at K&N smoking crack..????
Guess I'll make my own out of an old Kleenex box and some packing material...!!!
BB

Hi BB, what do you mean by snakey ? - tar snakes or the live wrigglers or other ?
Just wondering.

Cantab

Hi BB, what do you mean by snakey ? - tar snakes or the live wrigglers or other ?
Just wondering.

Cantab
Snakey is an old term that comes from our fine state of Virginia. It means VERY humid..!!
Thanks for your comment.
Ride safe
BB

Back