Suzuki's New Combustion Chamber

mountainmotor

Donating Member
Registered
Suzuki anounced < short blurb > a new cylinder head design on an existing model that's undergone some renovation for the 2012 model that doesn't require the Secondary Air System to meet emmissions.

Mostly thoughout the 4 stroke line the Twin Swirl has been used so maybe this new chamber will be used on future models of the Busa, Gixxer ect.

It's not so much the catalyst per the blurb - it's the new head on top of the same lower engine < V configurated 650cc > I am waiting for more info but don't live on the internet or subscribe to the magazines.

Just a heads up for those who likes to read into new technology. May not turn out to be much but we'll see as time goes by.

BTW , the only thing that comes to immediate mind for me might incorporate a swirl top piston and mirror the combustion chamber - which i've seen something similar to before .

Neither would be that all that easy to retrofit a Busa head via chamber weld and getting aftermarket pistons made. Doable though.

Well, another source helped out. I am 11+ days behind times :D

What this new engine turned out to be for this bike is more or less the Gladius engine. Twin spark plug head, windage cutaways on the cylinders, went to single valve springs - revised fuel injection and port design vs the 650 V Twin of previous years. Fuel mileage was increased signifigantly.

V-Strom 650 ABS Media : MOTORCYCLE | GLOBAL SUZUKI

Suzuki Reveals Full Details on the V-Strom 650 ABS « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

More ramble on the note of V-Twin Suzuki engines since the topic was brought up :thumbsup:

The days of the short lived V-Twin Superbikes are gone and probably won't be back but it would have been nice to see a revamped SV1000S with USD's and more , like ram air. Those early Suzuki and HRC - AMA 1k's on full tilt would thunder and really make the power. Gulped the fuel as well.

Some here might recall that before whatever crushed the effort , American company Fischer had plans to make the MRX 650 with both the Suzuki 650 AND SV1000S engine .There was plans to offer a Rotrex supercharger for the 1K .

Ram air of another kind. I would like to have seen those plans get to the buyer but it didn't all work out.

Ok so I guess that you guys didn't know that the sv650, gladius, and the v-strom all share the same engine. And I also believe that they all share the same cylinder dimensions as the gen 1 busa. As a matter of fact a common swap is gen 1 busa pistons in the sv motors for a bump in compression.

Hold up there ---- you know twotonevert and Ba Busa was just funnin on the Hemi thing--- don't you ???

Geeze :laugh:

Ok so I guess that you guys didn't know that the sv650, gladius, and the v-strom all share the same engine.

Not in entirety they don't . Second paragraph of post 7 describes some of the < partial > differences .

I made the topic based off seeing a slanted marketing blurb and shoulda waited.

My bad- :laugh:

Is it too early to go ahead and fasten a set of bighorns to my front fairing? :D hemi stickers are already in the mail from amazon lol

Back