Suzuki Extended Warranties

ratwell

Registered
There's no info re: the Suzuki Protection Plan (SPP) on the Canadian website. Here's what it's about:

Base Warranty12 months (included with purchase)Total
Additional 12 mo.$62024 mo.
+ 24 mo$80036 mo.
+ 36 mo.$102048 mo.
+ 48 mo.$120060 mo.

Warning: IF YOU LIVE IN BC, the warranty has to be entered into within 30 days of purchase!

Here's the agreement with the nitty gritty highlighted:

Suzuki Protection Plan Blank P1.jpg

Suzuki Protection Plan Blank P2.jpg

Suzuki Protection Plan Blank P3.jpg

Suzuki Protection Plan Blank P4.jpg

The cost of the extended warranty is certainly up for debate but by the terms of the SPP, you must performed all servicing through the dealership AND you must have the servicing performed at the anointed intervals, not just when you hit the mileage intervals.

An oil and filter change at 1000km (600mi) with the usual inspections and bolt tightening according to the maintenance chart is about $260. My guess is that during first 48 months, these maintenance items are going to add up to $1200-1500 or more.

So the question becomes, is $2400+ of guaranteed expenses worth offsetting the failure of a major electrical component on such a gadget heavy design?

Last edited:
Here's a scan of the maintenance chart with replacement items highlighted:

MonthskmmilesReplacement
21000600Engine oil, engine filter
1260003750Engine oil
24120007500Spark Plugs, Engine Oil, Clutch Fluid, Brake Fluid
361800011250Air cleaner, Engine Oil, Engine Filter
482400015000Spark Plugs, Engine Oil, Engine Coolant, Clutch Fluid, Clutch Hose, Brake Fluid, Brake Hose

All of this servicing is well within the reach of the average motorcycle owner...yet the cost for the dealership to perform this work in order to keep in the good books of the extended warranty, you are shelling out a huge amount of money on a bet that some major component is going to fail.

2022 Hayabusa Maintenance Schedule.jpg

Last edited:
This is the only motorcycle I've ever seen that is so dependable. It's nearly bulletproof. I have NEVER had ANY trouble from both gen 1 and 2 ever, nothing. Like a Toyota, ya know. Batteries fluids and brakes, that's it. Saying all that, I'm not getting an extended warranty. Now on that 2017 BMW 1000RR, you better believe extended warranty. Not saying some don't have trouble. Go to the back of a dealership, full of bikes at the shop due to imperfection of man and the things he makes, but for the majority, no problems. Why do you think almost all professional 1/4 mile racers use busa's uh huhhh?

Back