Suspension help/tips

Husky

Registered
Got a 08 Busa, streched 9". running -1 and 49 and I am about 235lbs suited up. Been playing around with the still stock suspension and was wondering what you guys are adjusting it at. My thoughts were to softent it on the down side all the way so it will squat for traction and harden it up all the way so it returns slow. The forks are strapped so left those alone unless maybe softening them up to strap easier may be good idea.

Thanks for any tips

I don't have personal experience with the Busa suspension. But I do have a Honda 450 that I drag with. On it I have a competition drag shock on the rear with a 5 inch stretch. With the stock shock it was very soft and could never get traction because there was not enough downward force on the tires. It was all being absorbed by the shock. Once I swapped over to the comp shock. Which is very stiff and comes back out very slow. (Almost like running a strut but gives about 2-3 inches.) I had more pressure on the tires because the shock was not absorbing everything. It was all transferred through the shock and into the tires and ground. I had a lot better traction out of the hole.

So in short in my experience you should set it hard with a slow return for better launches.
Not sure if that is correct. It worked for me and my Honda.

Back