How Far

sidebusa

Registered
How far can the front be lowered with upper triple clamp and still maintain fender clerance when forks are fully compressed?? Thanks again for the input. Just seems to me that straps would interfere with suspension and cause a very stiff ride. Not looking for cheapest way but best way and still keep it streetable but lowered an inch or so.

I have ridden mine on street with one full inch sticking out of triple tree...I weigh 280 and never hit the fender, and I ride pretty hard at times....I still tighten my strap down at track. Now I have tubes dead even with triple and use more of the strap at track.

101_9608.jpg

101_9596.jpg

<!--EDIT|Cabuss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124762126 -->

depending on your weight, 1.5" is the usual lowered amount, 2" if you gonna race, but keep clearance for the fender and under light.

A little..LOL.. I dont ride on street that low anymore, drag fairings and #### on ground. Not safe...
It takes me about 15 mins. to raise or lower front, rear takes about ten min. Easy once you do it a couple of times..LOL

how hard is it to RAISE the front back up once its been lowered with the top clamp?
hard if you don't have anyone to help ya. Loosen the clamps and put a board with a jack under the oil pan and have someone jack it up while you stabilze the bike.

Back