Suspension Settings

Elganja

Registered
I haven't really messed with my suspension at all, just left it at the factory settings.

What kind of compression/rebound settings are you guys using for the front and rear?

Depends on mods! but a good place to start is full soft compression, full hard rebound, that should keep the wheelie monsters away.

Yes! the front is not as important for the track, set the front up for your weight and forget about it.

man this is like de ja vu...

but since my other post was deleted...

Is the goal to have the stiffest compression and the softest rebound as possible without wheelie'ing? Like are there adverse effects from making the compression too soft and the rebound too stiff? i.e. like loosing too much power through the chassis?

I'll try the settings you mentioned at my track rental on Friday. I'm just not sure how to "tweak" them from the base settings. Maybe go up a click each time until the front end comes up?

Is the goal to have the stiffest compression and the softest rebound as possible without wheelie'ing? Like are there adverse effects from making the compression too soft and the rebound too stiff? i.e. like loosing too much power through the chassis?

I'll try the settings you mentioned at my track rental on Friday. I'm just not sure how to "tweak" them from the base settings. Maybe go up a click each time until the front end comes up?
No, for drag racing, you want to have medium to medium soft compression and full stiff rebound. This allows the bike to squat and transfer weight to the rear tire, but doesn't allow the back to pogo up and unload the tire 1/2 way to the 60 ft. I am running 1.52 shorts with these settings.

No, for drag racing, you want to have medium to medium soft compression and full stiff rebound. This allows the bike to squat and transfer weight to the rear tire, but doesn't allow the back to pogo up and unload the tire 1/2 way to the 60 ft. I am running 1.52 shorts with these settings.
good deal... i'll start off with the rebound on the stiffest setting, and the compression a couple clicks above the softest.

Back