Sure is quiet in here....

Stevo80

Registered
Anyone got anything exciting going on for the winter project? I bought some new shiny 1/2 in offset clamps for my baby :D
On a side note does anyone know the common material used for aluminum subframes? Such as grade and wall thickness? I'm cutting the rail and think I am going to build my own, all I need for is to just support a tail really. Anyone?

20151207_204549.jpg

Nice. I am not sure about wall thickness but make sure it is 6061 if you plan to weld

I bought a swingarm, shock, and extended tail during the black Friday specials. I wish I could post pictures but I am still waiting for the parts to be built

Yeah, 6061 is what I was thinking too, just wasn't sure on the rest. I have a old aluminum factory one from the early busa, guess I can use that to measure for a reference and starting point.
I bought the clamps for a black friday special too! :D Saved 100 bucks!

Which arm and shock you doing?

McIntosh. Just got an email that it is shipping today. That was a nice suprise

Bought a penske shock from Schnitz and saved 10%

Wife will freak when all of the boxes show up next week

Is your triple clamp made by McIntosh

Many years ago I had a fried fab some nice wheelie bar brackets, but then I noticed they were 2024 and welded. I had to bread the bad news to him the bracket were not safe.

I got an HD oil pump, baffle, gear and cam chain from Schnitz on black friday but nothing has shipped yet. We must have put a hurt on them, they are usually pretty fast.

I rebuilt my forks, fixed my tail (bodywork) and cleaned up a few details related to how I had some stuff installed on my main bike. I'm going to install my progressive controller and get an ECU autotune, probably after New Years. I'm redoing my bathroom between the holidays. I need to do a couple small things to my backup bike but I guess I've got some time on that.

I'll be cutting valve seats this weekend; I guess that's something. After that I have no more excuses for not turning it into a 1397.

Back