Supposed to be loose????

vulgar2

Registered
Hey guys....wondering if any one knows if this part is supposed to be loose?? I know it's not a steering dampner....stock part on my 07'. I can wiggle it up and down about 1/4" each way. Tried tightening the bolt underneath but it won't budge?? Also anyone know where I can pick up a couple extra plastic gromets? I broke the 2 large ones on top of the ram air duct covers, right underneath the handle grips taking off the farings...Thanks!
DSCF0360.jpg

DSCF0360.jpg

yea its your dampner , and it will move a littel up and down ,

as far as the clips go to auto parts store and get some the same size, like 4 bucks for a small box other wise your going to pay out the but for the factory suzuki push pins

yea that is what i do they work fine and then when you need more you just go back or you may have some left over !

Vulgar2, I would recommend that you get rid of that worthless piece of metal. Get a real steering damper...like Scotts or GPR. The oem piece is almost useless..I'm serious...

That for sure is the stock steering dampener and while you have everything off you should get rid of it and go with a good aftermarket dampener.

Never really thought I had the need for a dampener..... This is the fourth street bike I've owned in the last 12 years, never really ran into any issues. Nor have I ever ridden a bike that had one installed. Does it make that much of a difference in the ride?? Or is just to prevent "tank slapper" situations?????

a good damper should have no affect in the ride. They're designed to prevent slappers. :thumbsup:
Never really thought I had the need for a dampener..... This is the fourth street bike I've owned in the last 12 years, never really ran into any issues. Nor have I ever ridden a bike that had one installed. Does it make that much of a difference in the ride?? Or is just to prevent "tank slapper" situations?????

Back