My (hub?) is loose???

If he's worn the cush drive rubbers enough from the cush moving fore and aft, it will let it move some side to side. Not an even side to side movement, more like it's pivoting on the spacer side to side. I had the happen before with some extremely worn rubber isolators.

Get the new parts and install. I used a light application of dialetic grease on the rubber to help install.

It suks to get the wheel mounted and discover the hub spacer still sitting on the workbench.

Ask me how I know
crazy.gif

Hmmm...interesting, I went to my bike doctor today and he said this was completely normal. He had 4 Busas there(an 07 with 300 miles on it and they all had a little play where the hub connects to the wheel. Its not really LOOSE....theres just a marginal amount of play. If anyone is reading this grab your sprocket and tug from side to side and see if ya got any play between yer hub and the wheel.

(JuiceSC @ Jun. 07 2007,09
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) There is a bearing in that sprocket adapter. Worn cush-drive will only give you driveline lash. You should NOT be able to move the sprocket side-to-side. I would think its either that bearing worn or the axle isn't tight. I wouldn't ride it like that.
+ 1 on this one!
And as stated above, have you had the tire recently replaced or for some other reason had the wheel removed and maybe forgot to reinstall the spacer? If this was done recently from a shop, yikes!? I removed and took in my wheel once for a new tire mount and they left the spacer on the balancing machine. I fortunately caught that before I left the shop.

I've been looking for some Cush rubbers . I saw those on Ebay for $14.99 but I think they are used . Which sponsor sells them and how much for a new set ?

(CouchRocket @ Jun. 07 2007,18:54) Hmmm...interesting, I went to my bike doctor today and he said this was completely normal. He had 4 Busas there(an 07 with 300 miles on it and they all had a little play where the hub connects to the wheel. Its not really LOOSE....theres just a marginal amount of play. If anyone is reading this grab your sprocket and tug from side to side and see if ya got any play between yer hub and the wheel.
bowdown.gif
Who would have thunk it
rock.gif
I guess that means chain/wheel alignment and tension is critical. I stand corrected
all_coholic.gif
Glad its not an unsafe condition. Mine has just a bit if i rip on it too.
beerchug.gif

Streetntrackimports.com has the cush's.........

"SLOP" as in lateral sprocket movement
rock.gif

Uhhhh........I was tightening, greasing and cleaning the chain tonight.........along with an oil and filter........and "I AIN'T GOT NO LATERAL SPROCKET-SLOP BACK THERE"....  "You guys have lateral sprocket-slop back there
rock.gif
?"....and what was that mechanics crack about "perfectly normal"...?
rock.gif
.....hmmmmmmmmmmm.....................You got the outer bearing spacer, then a bearing, then the sprocket-hub which the bearing is pressed into, then a "spacer", and then the inner hub and a bearing which is the wheel, then the far side bearing with a spacer, all pressed between the swingarm, suspended by the axle shaft........and torqued to 80 ft/lbs by the big nut and a cotter............SLOP
rock.gif
?.........Not-on-mine.........

By the way....the new ZZZ has given up a total of 2 mm's.....
super.gif
.......heck I got a centimeter out of the stock chain the first week...
cool.gif
...thanks "streetntrack"...........
super.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

super.gif

Mine has quite a bit of slop - I just figured it needs new cushs (13k miles).

That EK ZZZ is the shiznit ain't it? I've only had to tighten mine four times in the last 2k miles - and I've run about 15 tanks of nitrous through the bike in that time.

"YA IT IS..........."  

Ahhhh-Haaaa...Heavy's runnin' one also........I'm really suprised....I keep tapping the chain with my boot and it is taught and "in spec".  WOW..................Now I'm not running NOX or anything like that, but I adjusted the 2mm's out of it last night with like an 1/8th turn of each adjuster, I mean "barely" moved the darn things and I'm back in the 22-25mm where I like to be.

"Today"....quiet....awesome transfer of fore / aft torque....JUST Smooooooooth...................almost time for cush's...........

BTW...."Heavy
rock.gif
"......."Brother
rock.gif
"......I noticed a bit of smudgy on that one link of yours......."Get out the rag before the Busa Police get'ya !!!
tounge.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

rock.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Back