Superbyke, assembled for the heart transplant!

Very nice guy's... cool pic's for sure sure. I see you put the swingarm from your Haybus on there....
Doyle..i can hardly wait to see it....

Put some time in on the bike today, I got some of the wiring done, got the new silicone hoses installed, fuel pumps swapped and the sprocket cover cleaned up and polished and I also gave the slave cylinder a make-over inside and out.

New black silicone hoses.
IMG_20130328_222136_783_zpsc449eceb.jpg

IMG_20130328_222148_249_zpsae616a4b.jpg

This is what the sprocket cover looked like when I pulled it.
IMG_20130328_222157_152_zpsfa924a95.jpg

Here is the after pic once I cleaned it up and did some polishing and buffing.
IMG_20130328_224303_957_zps96c55ab1.jpg

Nasty slave cylinder before
IMG_20130328_225212_077_zps4328cb60.jpg

Cleaned up and ready to install, I take them all the way down and sand the inside with 1000 grit to get rid of any pitting, corrosion or caked on dirt.
IMG_20130328_225317_348_zps330f1393.jpg

A little high temp semi-gloss duplicolor black and it's like brand new
IMG_20130328_225712_849_zpsa590ad70.jpg

And I swapped in the fuel pump for the turbo, you can see the fitting on the bottom, it's just a straight thru. The old pump is removed and now the housing is used as well as the sending unit. The bike will now have a hi-flow external fuel pump.
IMG_20130328_231740_480_zps623a3042.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got some more work done today, got more parts ordered and am getting ready to send a big batch of parts in for powdercoating.

Cleaned the sprocket cover area before reinstalling the countershaft sprocket. This is probably the dirtiest place on anyones hayabusa.
IMG_20130403_184531_392_zps33b79acd.jpg

After going really slow and doing my very best not to brake my tap I finally got all of the powdercoat out of the screw holes for the chain gaurd out. Got the chain cut to length and tightened down.
IMG_20130403_203210_991_zpsed6654d0.jpg

Got a ton more to do but here's where we stand tonight.
IMG_20130403_203638_196_zpsdb51158c.jpg

Perfect Scott, that chainguard looks right at home!

Leaving it stretched this time Doyle??

No Dean, the reason we're starting out stretched is that I rode the Busa that had this built motor BEFORE the engine swap and realize what a 260 hp Busa feels like EVEN when being careful! For the first period of time, it's just an insurance policy, ultimately, the stretch will occur for either LSR or drag racing only. Doyle

No Dean, the reason we're starting out stretched is that I rode the Busa that had this built motor BEFORE the engine swap and realize what a 260 hp Busa feels like EVEN when being careful! For the first period of time, it's just an insurance policy, ultimately, the stretch will occur for either LSR or drag racing only. Doyle

And what did it feel like cowboy?

I am enjoying your new found power build up of the Super Bike Doyle and isiahsites!:thumbsup: Keep posting the pics up!:cheerleader:

And yes please explain more about your ride on the turbo busa (before the transplant to the superbike).... dont leave out any details!:rulez::laugh:

I am enjoying your new found power build up of the Super Bike Doyle and isiahsites!:thumbsup: Keep posting the pics up!:cheerleader:

And yes please explain more about your ride on the turbo busa (before the transplant to the superbike).... dont leave out any details!:rulez::laugh:

I will let Doyle tell his version of the story, but let me through this in........I have ridden some really strong bikes, landspeed bikes (have a few records) drag bikes and many friends customers bikes. There has never been a bike until now that I couldn't hold wide open, I just couldn't do it on this one. When the boost hits it's chaos, out of control un-nerving feeling that leaves you curiously awaiting more.

And what did it feel like cowboy?

Well, I've riden fast bikes, and anyone that has been to a track with me knows I can make the transition from full acceleration at the end of a long straight to downshift, continue full throttle, and weave through high speed esses.....speed has always been in my DNA, that being said, the turbo bike I rode, when briefly boosting through 3rd gear, felt like the difference between a Cessna 172 and an F-18. The motor is not a stock Busa motor with a "bolt on" turbo kit.....it has Carillo rods, 8.5 to 1 J&E turbo pistons, injectors, etc., etc. and the exhaust is plumbed into a single Brooks carbon muffler so it isn't even loud! When it gets on boost (I was on Scott's Busa watching Scott run it at first) it makes this wierd UFO sound, not an automotive sound I've ever heard. Yeah, this is gonna be something, sometimes it's hard to get to sleep thinking about it. Doyle

Sweet! So what are your intentions for it once you complete the build? A street menace or tracking it? You've definitely got my attention and envy...............:laugh:

Sweet! So what are your intentions for it once you complete the build? A street menace or tracking it? You've definitely got my attention and envy...............:laugh:

Super Street baby! I want it to cruise like a puppy until it goes boost....then shock 'n awe when needed! It will not be a trailer queen unless going to the dragstrip or maybe Mojave Mile.
It must be able to cruise the Pacific Coast Highway with Gold Wings while I listen to XM as well as being a 200 mph motorcycle...it should approach all it does in understated fashion, bling only there as the byproduct of performance design.

Back