Completing the Superbyke getting close!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I love powdercoating!
I just completed another big step toward calling my slowbuild Superbyke project a "turnkey". In my effort to keep EVERYTHING either black or silver on this bike(no splashes of color anywhere) I had the gold calipers (and torque arm) all powdercoated....below are pics (sorry for blurry closeup). They are so smooth, glossy and trick looking!
After I get 3 more parts from Germany (couple more weeks) it's on to FINAL ASSEMBLY....then it'll be a really bad a$$ Hayabusa, all naked showing off it's stuff, I think I'll take it to one of the bigger "bike nites" around Reno and see what peeps say. I'll sure post the launch day including a pretty detailed rider report that looks at comparing it to my other faired Hayabusa, including how it handles and goes! take care, Doyle

P1030937.jpg

P1030938.JPG

P1030939.JPG

P1030940.JPG

looking good was actually wondering about how this build has going lately.

looking good was actually wondering about how this build has going lately.

I call it my "slowbuild" because being a dad, husband, homeowner and, oh yeah, wage earner kinda gets in the way of working on the scooter! I bet many of you know what I mean. Gotta keep the folks around you happy and when I do find time, I'd rather get on my other Busa and RIDE.

Awesome Raydog, Cant wait to see it finished:thumbsup:

That looks awesome !
Naked Demon she will be !
Love the rotor . What make is it ?

The rotors are stock Hayabusa Tokico, gold in color, off a 2005 spec edition....that were glass blasted then p/coated the gloss black.....the surface went from pourous gold to glass smooth like a black diamond!

The rotors are stock Hayabusa Tokico, gold in color, off a 2005 spec edition....that were glass blasted then p/coated the gloss black.....the surface went from pourous gold to glass smooth like a black diamond!

The rotor not caliper :poke:

The rotor not caliper :poke:

OMG, it's Friday and I just finished a glass of Merlot! The rotors are Italian BRAKING (with chrome centerpiece) rotors. On a 100 degree day at the track, I can't make em fade, they are so good. BRAKING is one of those little Italian companies that doesn't have a very big dealer network in the US.

Something really cool just occured to me....when it becomes a roller and I take it to the track, I'll be putting some slicks on it (like shown below). It's going to look like a SUPERMOTO HAYABUSA! Nice, a 1300cc supermoto!

The other thing I wanted to describe is the brake system (I've gotten a lot of questions about that). If I won the LOTTO I'd put Brembo radial calipers on...but that aint gonna happen so what I did is as follows:

Race Tech fork springs with blue fluid, Pazzo levers, DOT 5.1 fluid, lengthened all black s/s brake lines, rebuilt calipers, Vesra racing pads and BRAKING rotors. All on Carrozzeria forged wheels and 2CT tires (with slicks for track use). As light as this thing will be, I think it'll love to do two finger stoppies! Doyle

P1020695.JPG

P1030092.JPG

P1030382.JPG

P1030427.JPG

Something really cool just occured to me....when it becomes a roller and I take it to the track, I'll be putting some slicks on it (like shown below). It's going to look like a SUPERMOTO HAYABUSA! Nice, a 1300cc supermoto!

The other thing I wanted to describe is the brake system (I've gotten a lot of questions about that). If I won the LOTTO I'd put Brembo radial calipers on...but that aint gonna happen so what I did is as follows:

Race Tech fork springs with blue fluid, Pazzo levers, DOT 5.1 fluid, lengthened all black s/s brake lines, rebuilt calipers, Vesra racing pads and BRAKING rotors. All on Carrozzeria forged wheels and 2CT tires (with slicks for track use). As light as this thing will be, I think it'll love to do two finger stoppies! Doyle

I see. I've read good things about Braking rotors. The pics of whole bike are super cool . Congrats on a really nice unique bike .
Did you say Merlot ? :laugh:
What make was that ?

I see. I've read good things about Braking rotors. The pics of whole bike are super cool . Congrats on a really nice unique bike .
Did you say Merlot ? :laugh:
What make was that ?

My wife is a tennis coach, one daughter is on the team and other daughter is manager of HS football team so after my training bicycle ride on Friday evenings, I'm on my own...I stop at the store, buy a bottle of wine (good one) and sit in my yard and contemplate the universe (and the owl across the street that flies from tree to tree). Doyle

Soooooooooo.......what vintner is the Merlot from?
I love Silver Oak when people give it to me :)
Maybe some Far Niente as well.

Lookin good Doyle, Nice touch (Raydog) on the pazzo's, that's perfect. Been meaning to ask, do you miss not having the Carrozzerias on the other Busa? Do you feel a big difference between those and the stock wheels?

We gonna do any rides this year? I'm definetly gonna get out Sunday and Monday just havn't decided where yet.

Lookin good Doyle, Nice touch (Raydog) on the pazzo's, that's perfect. Been meaning to ask, do you miss not having the Carrozzerias on the other Busa? Do you feel a big difference between those and the stock wheels?

We gonna do any rides this year? I'm definetly gonna get out Sunday and Monday just havn't decided where yet.

Good questions about the wheels....actually we rode pretty hard during the Stampede (track and twisties with red bike) and I really didn't notice it! It works great to use stock wheels on the red bike because the slicks are mounted on stockers and that makes the switch really easy (same size sprocket, cush hub, etc.).
Re: riding, yeah I'd love to do a NorCal ride B4 the Reno weather changes (getting across the Sierras to you guys can be an issue) BUT I was told by the boss that we're going boating/water skiing tomorrow so this weekend is out for me! We'll do it soon though. Doyle

Soooooooooo.......what vintner is the Merlot from?
I love Silver Oak when people give it to me :)
Maybe some Far Niente as well.

Those are good ones. Actually, I live so close to all the Coastal wineries, what I do is look for $25+ bottles that are on sale for like $15-$20 and change up each week (unless I find an exceptional one, then I'll buy a few bottles). Actually, in that range, they're all pretty tasty, I just like jumping around and experimenting.
Whenever I do overnight "sport touring" rides, I always pack a good bottle in the luggage since if you but it at a restaurant, it'll probably be $75 bucks!
Doyle

Back