Superbyke, assembled for the heart transplant!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
OK, this will be my last "seperate" thread on the Superbyke, from now on I'll try to keep the entire operation onto a single post.....ANYWAYS, prior to transporting to Scott's shop (Pulse Performance), since the "profile" is complete (without turbo motor) I thought I'd do one more round of pics. This represents a real plateau for me, so many parts in so many places for so long, finally coming together into one reality!
Doyle

IMG_0018 (7).jpg

IMG_0019 (7).jpg

IMG_0020 (7).jpg

IMG_0021 (7).jpg

IMG_0022 (7).jpg

IMG_0023 (7).jpg

IMG_0024 (6).jpg

IMG_0025 (7).jpg

IMG_0026 (7).jpg

IMG_0027 (5).jpg

IMG_0028 (6).jpg

Do you use the mirror much / does it offer a good view?

You have an awesome project nearing the end

Do you use the mirror much / does it offer a good view?

You have an awesome project nearing the end

Both bar-end mirrors are surprisingly wonderful, great views. I had no idea that they would be so effective until I finally used them.

I got bar end mirrors on my busa too and they work 10x's better than the other 6 different sets of mirrors that I've tried. Better visibility and I think its a cleaner look than having those goofy looking mrrors sticking out of the front fairing

I'm really digging your bike :thumbsup: looks amazing! I recognize your attention to detail. My only question is you went with the black powdercoat theme and blacked out your busa. Why not powder coat your rear brake reservoir black or get a black billet 1 to go with the rest of your paint scheme?

I'm really digging your bike :thumbsup: looks amazing! I recognize your attention to detail. My only question is you went with the black powdercoat theme and blacked out your busa. Why not powder coat your rear brake reservoir black or get a black billet 1 to go with the rest of your paint scheme?

It's in the plan! Scott(Isiahstites) just took the turbo motor out of the other bike and there's a THOUSAND more pieces to powdercoat/annodize!

Bike is in my shop and on the OR table, tomorrow morning I will prep her for her heart transplant.

A few pics today before I took the bike:

IMG_20130317_134600_895_zps8f6b715f.jpg

IMG_20130317_134522_453_zpse2ecfbcc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure looking great Doyle :thumbsup:

There aren't many naked bikes/streetfighter'd bikes that I like, they always seemed to be missing something to me, but you've nailed it with this one.

Side question, what brand mirrors are you using?

Sure looking great Doyle :thumbsup:

There aren't many naked bikes/streetfighter'd bikes that I like, they always seemed to be missing something to me, but you've nailed it with this one.

Side question, what brand mirrors are you using?

Thank you for that! The mirrors are Oberon (from Germany). Doyle

Made several calls today and got lots of information to help us down the path we want to travel.

We are going to hot coat/ceramic coat the turbo, header and dump pipes, powder coat the turbo housing and many other parts.

Looking into powder coating the intercooler as well, really trying to make this thing look like it rolled off the show room floor as a production bike once it's done.

Scott

Your bike looks amazing. After I finish dropping mine a couple more times and completely ruining the fairings I would like to change my 09 to something like yours. Awesome,awesome job sir.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::bowdown:

Got the engine all cleaned up and ready to install.
IMG_20130320_175511_946_zps95fe2de9.jpg

IMG_20130320_175533_828_zps3a759124.jpg

I use 2x4s to teeter the engine higher and higher
IMG_20130320_180740_818_zpscae69eac.jpg

IMG_20130320_183931_097_zps3bb15541.jpg

Then I use straps to lift it the rest of the way.
IMG_20130320_200839_074_zpsf6cc02b9.jpg

Engine is installed!
IMG_20130320_203725_560_zps3786192a.jpg

IMG_20130320_203735_285_zps1e804ddb.jpg

:thumbsup:

I see this work of art being entered in Suzuki's Ultimate Hayabusa contest...Awe inspiring project that has developed beautifully! I so want to retire and find cool projects to preoccupy.:laugh: Nicely done sir.

Thanks for those last few shots Scott...that was a better way to start off my work day than my mug of coffee!

Back