Superbikes last night

The 14 is the flavor of the day. I have found that it is tough to find much objective literature comparing the 14 to the Busa.

The bottom line for me is this:
The brand new 14 is more powerful and the technology is the most recent. In every comparison it seems to only edge out the Busa, not blow it away. I am sure the 14 is an awesome bike. I like kawi’s, they make great bikes. It took them 2 tries and 8 years to finally beat the Busa. Although the 14 has more power I think that Kawasaki made some mistakes in their body design. For top end speed aerodynamics are critical and kawi did not seem to address that very well. I need to look up the drag coefficients on the Busa and the 14 but I will bet money that the Busa’s is lower and that may be enough to still be faster then the 14 on top end.
The most recent edition of SportRider magazine had unrestricted ZX-14 and Haybusa top end speeds.. The Haybusa edged out the ZX-14..  188.3 mph (ZX-14)  compared to 188.9 mph (Hayabusa)

Not bad for a 1999 design..
cool.gif
Nothing wrong with 1999 technology, aren't we supposed to party like its 1999?
Just remember the B-1 bomber is 1970's tech, and I think they do a really good job at what they do
bomb.gif

But the B-1 is a pain to build frag for because it all has to be a FOD-less configuration with belly bands and what not.  Gimme a Buff and a full load of GBU-32 JDAMS and I can draw a smilie face in downtown Bagdad for ya much easier.  
idea.gif

Dayum, I missed that show, again.

<!--EDIT|FastCurrey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153963897 -->

Regarding the guy low siding the bike at the strip:

You guys may have missed the guy at the drag strip talking about how all the rubber that is layed down in conjunction w/ the FL heat just turns the asphault into butter.  

He hit the front break to stop around the launching area and it was like ice and the front wheel came out form under him.  I guess he just didn't realize how bad it was.
yea, i remember hearing the announcer say the track was slick,  but then i didnt think much of it.. till a sec laster when that dude layed it down after the burn out..  im sorry, but that was just comical   HAHA
They were running damn good times for a slick track though. Did see the spill. I am not that impressed. There is not enough of a difference to make me want a kaw. It was cool to see superbikes show something other than illegal racing on the streets though. I did enjoy the show.

This started to upset me about how the guy dumped the bike, and how the Kawi was glorified over the busa. this irritated me, BUT I have to look at it another way. the Zx14 can beat the busa, just by a bit...but the only difference is we have hundreds of aftermarket parts to make our bikes better, the zx just came out and still does not have the product line like the busa....one other thing....the zx is not pretty on my eyes....the busa gives me the "O" face, i would choose the busa again over anything as my main ride.

anyone catch last nights episode? what was the name of that place with the custom undertail exhaust (looks like the same as that new triumph 675 ). still pretty cool.

tell me this...what sorta putz on gods green earth would ever...

"drop his busa during a nationally televised grudge match"?
rock.gif

was he paid to look like an escapee from the dork outreach program?
laugh.gif

Back