Superbikes last night

busa1300nut

Registered
I was wondering what everyone else thought about the race. First thing, after the burn out, the Busa guy DROPED his bike trying to stop before the stageing area! WTF? First race, the 14 beat the Busa, and from the camera angle, I couldn,t tell by how many bikes, the anouncer said the 14 won by a MILE, it looked like 2-3 bikes from where I was watching. Then race 2, the busa beat,s the 14 by a few bikes. And finally, race 3, the 14 beats the busa by 1-100th of a second.
The whole show must of been sponserd by Kawi, because that,s pretty much all they talked about.

yea i felt the same way Johnny turbo would of spanked him and you can tell by the smack talkin it was all a joke. i doubt johnny will lay it down that easy im gonna ask him when i go pickup my brother turbo 1000.

It seems as if that show was sponsored by Kawasaki. I have Tivo, so I fast-forward through the commercials. Yet still I managed to spot at least one 14 commercial. Do you really think they'd show the Busa winning when Kawasaki was one of the sponsorers?
rock.gif

Kawasaki prasing comments:
- 14 = Fastest production bike in world.
- Piped tuned and mapped should run 8.8.
- 14 wins by a mile (on a 1/4 mile track).
- (Short rough quote) It can be used as a stunt bike.
- The 14 beat the Busa and the Kwaq 600 beat the Zook 6.

Man, that show had to be the longest motorcycle commercial in all of motorcycle history!

I agree. I think for the most part it was Roarin Toyz running their mouths. Did you notice Britton stood his ground on the Zukes though. I had posted the same opinion in another thread before I saw this one. Their were some sweet lookin rides last night though.

I am sitting on the back porch while this show was on - had a Yamaha bud over showing me some stuff.

My 10 year old comes running outside screaming "Daddy, they are racing a ZX14 and a Busa on TV!!!!!!!"

I saw the Busa rider drop his bike and thought something might have been amiss there - had this guy ever drag raced before!?
We were a little depressed after watching the Kawi love fest that followed the best of 3... Boy, they made no small point of beating the Busa "repeatedly"....

Suzuki REALLY needs to step up in '07 and stop this madness...

It seems as if that show was sponsored by Kawasaki. I have Tivo, so I fast-forward through the commercials. Yet still I managed to spot at least one 14 commercial. Do you really think they'd show the Busa winning when Kawasaki was one of the sponsorers?
rock.gif

Kawasaki prasing comments:
- 14 = Fastest production bike in world.
- Piped tuned and mapped should run 8.8.
- 14 wins by a mile (on a 1/4 mile track).
- (Short rough quote) It can be used as a stunt bike.
- The 14 beat the Busa and the Kwaq 600 beat the Zook 6.

Man, that show had to be the longest motorcycle commercial in all of motorcycle history!
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>BINGO !!!</span> <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Glad I wasn't the only one to notice .</span> The whole thing reminded me of <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>A Snake In The Grass !</span>
biggrin.gif

I don't care what anyone thinks, the last two shows have been real good
tounge.gif
! So the 14 beat the Busa and they said it would make a better Touring bike. I disagree (and I've ridden a 14) the Busa is still the all around champ. The Kaw 600 rider said (when he was asked) he had picked the Kaw because he had always ridden a Kaw and liked them. Same as the Suz guy, and the Host said he wanted to ride the 14 so he could make sure the Suz won (said this as a joke since he rides a Suz). But what's the surprise, the Kaw beat the Busa by 1/100 th of a sec. Give me a break, THAT'S not a win the Kaw crowd should rest their buttkis on. So, in the end, the Show was a good one and I even liked the custom part !
wink.gif

dayum-missed the show, did they have the 14 do a victory grilln' with some eats for everybody after it beat the Busa?
biggrin.gif

It was a pretty good show compared to the 1st one . Keep in mind , the biggest sponser is Kawasaki !
laugh.gif

The 14 is the flavor of the day. I have found that it is tough to find much objective literature comparing the 14 to the Busa.

The bottom line for me is this:
The brand new 14 is more powerful and the technology is the most recent. In every comparison it seems to only edge out the Busa, not blow it away. I am sure the 14 is an awesome bike. I like kawi’s, they make great bikes. It took them 2 tries and 8 years to finally beat the Busa. Although the 14 has more power I think that Kawasaki made some mistakes in their body design. For top end speed aerodynamics are critical and kawi did not seem to address that very well. I need to look up the drag coefficients on the Busa and the 14 but I will bet money that the Busa’s is lower and that may be enough to still be faster then the 14 on top end.

The 14 is the flavor of the day. I have found that it is tough to find much objective literature comparing the 14 to the Busa.

The brand new 14 is more powerful and the technology is the most recent. In every comparison it seems to only edge out the Busa, not blow it away. I am sure the 14 is an awesome bike. I like kawi’s, they make great bikes. It took them 2 tries and 8 years to finally beat the Busa. Although the 14 has more power I think that Kawasaki made some mistakes in their body design. For top end speed aerodynamics are critical and kawi did not seem to address that very well. I need to look up the drag coefficients on the Busa and the 14 but I will bet money that the Busa’s is lower and that may be enough to still be faster then the 14 on top end.
The most recent edition of SportRider magazine had unrestricted ZX-14 and Haybusa top end speeds.. The Haybusa edged out the ZX-14.. 188.3 mph (ZX-14) compared to 188.9 mph (Hayabusa)

Not bad for a 1999 design..
cool.gif

I don't care what anyone thinks, the last two shows have been real good
tounge.gif
! So the 14 beat the Busa and they said it would make a better Touring bike. I disagree (and I've ridden a 14) the Busa is still the all around champ. The Kaw 600 rider said (when he was asked) he had picked the Kaw because he had always ridden a Kaw and liked them. Same as the Suz guy, and the Host said he wanted to ride the 14 so he could make sure the Suz won (said this as a joke since he rides a Suz). But what's the surprise, the Kaw beat the Busa by 1/100 th of a sec. Give me a break, THAT'S not a win the Kaw crowd should rest their buttkis on. So, in the end, the Show was a good one and I even liked the custom part !
wink.gif
I agree, I like the show, I was just commenting on the race.

Regarding the guy low siding the bike at the strip:

You guys may have missed the guy at the drag strip talking about how all the rubber that is layed down in conjunction w/ the FL heat just turns the asphault into butter.

He hit the front break to stop around the launching area and it was like ice and the front wheel came out form under him. I guess he just didn't realize how bad it was.

Regarding the guy low siding the bike at the strip:

You guys may have missed the guy at the drag strip talking about how all the rubber that is layed down in conjunction w/ the FL heat just turns the asphault into butter.

He hit the front break to stop around the launching area and it was like ice and the front wheel came out form under him. I guess he just didn't realize how bad it was.
yea, i remember hearing the announcer say the track was slick, but then i didnt think much of it.. till a sec laster when that dude layed it down after the burn out.. im sorry, but that was just comical HAHA

The most recent edition of SportRider magazine had unrestricted ZX-14 and Haybusa top end speeds.. The Haybusa edged out the ZX-14..  188.3 mph (ZX-14)  compared to 188.9 mph (Hayabusa)

Not bad for a 1999 design..
cool.gif
Nothing wrong with 1999 technology, aren't we supposed to party like its 1999?

It was night of Kawi plugs and Zuk guys just standing there not argueing....
It was like every other sentence was plugging the Kawi and how fast it is... even claiming to be the fastest bike...
Oh please, when you are the "King" everyone needs to prove themselve against you, then one little upstart gets an edge and it is then exploited at every chance...
The custom rides last night were kicking, but the show is pretty lame...
sad.gif

On the first race didn't the Kawi rider say that he killed the guy out of the hole and then just barely edged him on the far end. To me that says if they had both gotten off the line the same they would have been the same at the end or the Busa may have edged the 14. Basically I go by numbers to see which bike is faster and slower but in the end I know it is the one holding the throttle down that truely matters.

i don't give a shid what stock busa races a stock 14....the one that will win?...will be the one with the better rider in the saddle...simple as that.
biggrin.gif

My thought too when I watch it. A non riding budy of mine calls me at 12am and says turn to the speed channel. The kawasaki just beat the suzuki. Lucky I was already watching it. I told him it looked like a comercial to me. What do you think was goin to happen. Kawasaki gives them a bike to customize(probably thiers for the work they put in it) of course they are goin to promote is as the fastest production bike. Even then the margin wasn't that big. If I was goin to spend 1500.00 to 2000.00 more I would want it to be by a lot bigger margin. It could be just the rider that caused the Busa to loose.

<!--EDIT|memorex
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153953909 -->

Back