Maybe a dumb question

Wrath

Donating Member
Registered
Well it appears the ZX-14 will kick the busas butt for top bike again this year. But From what I gather the GSXR 1000 kicks the Busas butt... Maybe I'm too lazy to do my homework or just noone asked the question...does the GSXR 1000 compete w/ the ZX14? what are the 3 stats side by side. From what I have seen, The 14 & the GSXR1000 beats the Busa in the Quarter mile. BUT the GSXR1000 & the Busa beats the 14 in the twistys( GSXR1000 beats the busa). So is it a valid question to ask who is the actual King of the hill for now?

<div id="CODEHEAD">CODE[/Quote]<div id="CODE">Well it appears the ZX-14 will kick the busas butt for top bike again this year. But From what I gather the GSXR 1000 kicks the Busas butt... Maybe I'm too lazy to do my homework or just noone asked the question...does the GSXR 1000 compete w/ the ZX14? what are the 3 stats side by side. From what I have seen, The 14 & the GSXR1000 beats the Busa in the Quarter mile. BUT the GSXR1000 & the Busa beats the 14 in the twistys( GSXR1000 beats the busa). So is it a valid question to ask who is the actual King of the hill for now?[/Quote]gixxer has lower top end speed - hence it does not compete for one critical spec. It's also harder to drive at high speeds, but easier in twisties. Busa and zx-14 do focus on top end, even though limited. Busa uses aerodynamics to reach peak, in lieu of hp, whereas gixxer gets more freedom in choice of fairings (and looks).

I think sprocket changes on the busa can make up for acceleration shortfall by giving up top end speed. You then are still stuck with the extra weight that you have to toss around.

I think technically, Kawasaki and Suzuki consider the busa and zx-14 sport tourers, whereas the gixxer is a sport bike. Drive them side by side, you'll notice the difference.

In a direct comparo between (old-style) busa and zx-14 the busa got the nod for driveability in twisties, albeit by a small margin, the zx-14 for all around acceleration. Maybe the new-style busa nudges this back the other way. I don't think either of them could keep up with a gixxer on twisties (assuming rider skills not being a factor).

However, at the end of a long day you'd rather be on the busa.

First of all you are referring to bikes of different class. If you want the all out king of the hill, that would be an Aprilla that doesn't have the 186 restriction and recently went almost if not 200 stock.

When you say this year, well that's not over yet. We'll see when they start testing the new Busa. You can bet every magazine will be doing shootout articles on it the minute they can get their hands on one.

It will depend on where and when the Busa's power comes on as compared to the 14. In theory to the ground the new Busa is putting down 5-9 more hp...so what's that tell ya? We'll see.

The new 1000s are all crazy fast bikes, and considering they way almost 100lbs less well, there's not much you can do about that.

Different bikes.

When making this comparison is it '08 to '08 or '07 to '07
rock.gif

Back