Suomy vs Arai

tinmann840

Registered
Which is the better helmet ? The Arai ?

d8_1_b.JPG

The Arai retails for over 600 bucks and is on sale for $329.00 The Suomy is on E-bay for $180.00 buy now. Either one has to be better than the HJC I'm using now .But a new Lid is on the list.

arai all the way, well actually i've never owned a suomy but i crashed in an arai at about 55 mph and it saved my life. the arai's are very comfortable and the shield replacement is the best i've seen, i switch between a dk smoke and a clear when i ride and it takes a few seconds. i have a kbc racer1 and its a pain in the ass. the arai also has replaceable pads in them you can order different sizes to custom fit it to your head, but the arais are a rounder style, i dont remember how the suomi's fit, my wife wears the kbc or a shoei because their for a narrower head, have you tried them on in a store? even if their both a lg or med they might feel totaly different, to me the arais feel lgr than say a shoei , maybe thats just me.
but for me the arais are the most comfortable helmets ive used, i tried on a suomy once and it was nice but to me it didnt compare to an arai or a higher dollar shoei . but the bottom line is get what you really want , im sure the suomy is a good helmet , but for me its only arai

Yeah I'm really leaning towards that Arai . I was lookin at one in the dealer last week and Man are they Light. Half the weight of my HJC. And this is half the price of what dealer was asking . Plus that blue is a real close match for the blue in my bike and so is the silver for that matter.

<!--EDIT|tinmann
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111223847 -->

tinmann, correct me if I'm wrong... but I think you are comparing the top of the line arai with a entry level suomy! I have ordered for myself a Suomy Spec 1R Extreme Helmet which I felt was very good. I use a shoei now, but from as far as my knowledge goes the top of the line in Shoei, Arai and Suomy are all very good helmets.
biggrin.gif

Just my thought

Arai, Rx7 RR4, the best helmet money can buy...

(in my meaningless opinion)

Both are very high quality and light but Suomy fit is very small, when I tired them on I had to go a full size up and 2 size up felt ok too.

Which models are you trying to compare? Both brands are great, is the Suomy a Gunwind or Spec 1R ?

Whichever fits you properly. You get the wrong shaped Arai? Your Screwed, likewise if something isn't right about the Soumy... Your Screwed. So get what works best.

That being Said, You gotta get an Arai... It'll keep you safe.

Suomy is a Gunwind ,Arai is a XR-7
The XR-7 Corsair is Arai's top of the line and you be happy with it. The Gunwind is also a great lid, but the Spec 1R and Spec 1R Extreme are Suomy's best helmets. I think that the top three brands are in no particular order are Arai, Shoei, and Suomy. You should try them all on for the best fit. Everybody has a different shaped melon and what fits me the best might not fit you that well. I have a Spec 1R and a Shoei X11 and I am very happy with both.

i have an arai rx7 corsair,and i am going to get another shoei to replace it. too many parts fell off of my arai for my taste.loved my shoei until the end

Suomy Gunwind is the best ,I have all 3 of them(Arai and shoei). I like to use the suomy over the rest. The others are fine but the Suomy gunwinds fit ,feel ,finish is the best .At least thats my opinion.

Bro I can get brand new Arais, straight off the shelf for $430. This is the RX7, that retails at 600. If someone needs one, let me know. I don't know why but they are somehow cheaper over here. That's about the ONLY thing that is cheaper over here, but hey at least something is better huh?

Bro I can get brand new Arais, straight off the shelf for $430.  This is the RX7, that retails at 600.  If someone needs one, let me know.  I don't know why but they are somehow cheaper over here.  That's about the ONLY thing that is cheaper over here, but hey at least something is better huh?
I'll see how much the freight will be then I MAY take you up on that offer! I'm selling my ARAI that's too big for me now and hopefully some lucky guy will get it. When that happens I'm gonna have the funds to replace it so we may be talking soon
wink.gif

Back