Sunday's ride

Learjett

Donating Member
Registered
I took a little ride Sunday to Fall Creek Falls, which is about 65 miles north of Chattanooga.  This is a beautiful state park and certainly worth the ride.  One can find a few stretches of "Dragon" road going up and down Walden's Ridge but obviously not as long or good as the Dragon.

I didn't take any pics of the "Falls" there because my back has been giving me a fit when walking lately, but riding is fine!  Anyway, enjoy this beautiful country of ours!

This is the Dayton bridge on Hwy 60 that I crossed on the way.  It takes you across the Tennessee River.
IMG_2884.jpg

This was "Liberty Hill School" at the entrance of the park.  Obviously been there a long time!
IMG_2888.jpg

A shot of the marina area there.  Lots of good fishing!
IMG_2891.jpg

After wandering around for awhile, I stopped at one of the hundreds of picnic tables.  They're everywhere in the woods.  Had some lunch!
IMG_2895.jpg

After lunch, I rode up to Piney Gorge and snapped a few.
IMG_2900.jpg

Beautiful country we live in around here!
IMG_2915.jpg

My girl
IMG_2909.jpg

Stopped at "Buzzards Roost" and it's just breath-taking!
IMG_2911.jpg

I spent most of the day there, finally had to mount up for the 90 minute trip back home.
IMG_2901.jpg

Hope you enjoyed just a few pics... guess I'll go to the Dragon Thursday and Friday.... then, who knows where I'll end up!  
cool.gif

That's about forty miles from me. There is also a long straight road where there is nothing (not even powerlines) nearby
race.gif

(Jangalang1 @ May 21 2007,21:18) Great pictures Bob, thanks for sharing.

Tim and I wound up in Helen on Saturday.
looks like you had a fun ride.
smile.gif
want to ride Saturday? Foothills parkway, Townsend to Gatlinburg to Cherokee to ? home or CROT depending on time. Let me know.

Tim

And since you were on the fastest color ever produced, you should have made it home in no time at all...
super.gif

Back