Sunday Morning Ride

Way to go Danny. I knew I should have headed up there this w/e. Been cold one day, nice the next here. Nice looking Busa the new guy has. And ditto for warbrown...I'd go ride those tri-state twisties anyday...but not for too many, winter sets in I want to be back here
smile.gif

Charlie

It's always fun to ride with other busas. I'm sure your new friend was glad to have a riding partner too.
beerchug.gif

Very nice ride......glad you had a good time. How far is this ride spot from S.Diego?

Maybe I could get in on the fun too sometime?

DD

(Devil Dog @ Dec. 14 2006,19:36) Very nice ride......glad you had a good time.  How far is this ride spot from S.Diego?

Maybe I could get in on the fun too sometime?

DD
Diego to Mesa AZ...371 miles
wink.gif

(Copperone @ Dec. 14 2006,16:35) It was kind of funny, before we left the rest area he was telling me how he was just going to take it easy because he didn't want to get a ticket, and there were usually a lot of cops in the area. So I said "cool, I'll follow you". Wouldn't you know it, we leave the rest area and he immediately hammers on it. The next thing I know we're doing about 150. It was a real crack up seeing as how he didn't want to go fast because of the cops.
He isn't related to Thrasherfox, is he?!!
biggrin.gif

Did you ever get to run the road to Payson back before they straightened it out and pussified it? That would have been a cool road.

Nothing like a Busa to make us all believe in the same religion!

--Wag--

DD there is definately some really great riding over hear. Some really great 200 to 400 mile rides. Some twisty, some scenic and some straight. The rides are not always at warp speed. But there is definately some great riding here from Oct through the end of May. After that it just gets to hot. But, I lived in the San Diego area for a long time and you've got some great roads there too. A lot of them. The next time you guys plan something over there I'm going to try and get over for it. Especially if its in the San Diego area. I just have to get over the hill on I-8 when the weather isn't too bad. If you ever get over this way, we'll definately do some serious riding. When I first moved here, I was surpirsed at how great the riding here is... If you're coming this way be sure to let me know you're coming ahead of time.... We've got a spare room...

Wag, I never got to ride the old road. But the new one is still a lot of fun. Great long high speed sweepers. A lot of LEOs sometimes though. Nice to have a radar detecter (which I hope to have soon).

sounds like a great day...
beerchug.gif
to meeting new friends who are already infected with the 'Busa bug

(Copperone @ Dec. 14 2006,21:05) Wag, I never got to ride the old road. But the new one is still a lot of fun. Great long high speed sweepers. A lot of LEOs sometimes though. Nice to have a radar detecter (which I hope to have soon).
That road between Fountain Hills and Payson used to be the twistiest bad-ass road. 25 years ago, we used to drive it all the time in the car and it used the scare the pi$$ outta all of us as kids. My dad would take the turns as fast as he could in the family van. It's a wonder he didn't kill everyone!
biggrin.gif

When they straightened that road out a few years ago, they probably saved a lot of lives. But it sure messed up a great twisty road!

--Wag--

Wag, it sounds that used to be a killer road. Still a fun road, but I'm sure its no where near as good as it used to be. The valley has really changed a lot over the last 20 years. We've only lived here for about 4 years, but I've been in and out of here a lot driving a semi.

Sounds like a great day. Sometimes the best rides just happen. Wish I had bumped into you guys. Of couse I'm 2000 mi. away and it was about 34 degrees here.

(Copperone @ Dec. 14 2006,20:03) DD there is definately some really great riding over hear.  Some really great 200 to 400 mile rides.  Some twisty, some scenic and some straight.  The rides are not always at warp speed.  But there is definately some great riding here from Oct through the end of May.  After that it just gets to hot.  But, I lived in the San Diego area for a long time and you've got some great roads there too.  A lot of them.  The next time you guys plan something over there I'm going to try and get over for it.  Especially if its in the San Diego area.   I just have to get over the hill on I-8 when the weather isn't too bad.  If you ever get over this way, we'll definately do some serious riding.  When I first moved here, I was surpirsed at how great the riding here is...  If you're coming this way be sure to let me know you're coming ahead of time.... We've got a spare room...
Thanks!!!

Back