Sunday Morning Ride

Copperone

One of the Few, the proud -
Donating Member
Registered
Got up way early Sunday morning to beat the traffic, and the Arizona sun. I go out to the garage, check to make sure the side stand is down, go to the rear of the bike and take it off the rear stand. I have the bike on the ground and I turn the stand to the left so it will set down on the side stand. Only problem is, the side stand caught the cement groove in the garage, and before I could catch it, it was on its side. Fortunately, only minor scratches on the left panel. Nothing broken. I can have the panel repainted and it will be as good as new. But its taken until now to stop being POed at myself for not being able to catch the Busa before it fell. Fortunately, nothing major. I'm going to be super careful in the future when I take it off the rear stand. I may paint the whole bike a new color, but I haven't decided yet.

Any how, I get the Busa stood back up, and after throughly checking it, I decide to go on my ride. I left later than I wanted but it was a pretty decent ride going out. Great twisties up and back; however, after I get through the twisties, and I'm on a straight road just crusing along... I wasen't even thinking about speed. I mean I really wasen't even going fast, I passed a deputy sheriff going the opposite direction. Next thing I know, he has turned around and has his red lights on me. Of course I pulled over and at first he was a little hostile. Wanting to know if I knew how fast I was going. I said some where around 50. He said the speed limit is 45 and I had you on radar at 67. I said man this day is definately not starting out good and showed him the minor road rash on the Busa, and explained my morning. He turned out to be a nice guy and let me go. So... that part of the day was good. But man I was stressed because I have a commercial drivers license, and I can't get any tickets. I will definately watch my Ps and Qs through that section of the road in the future. By the way, I went home and stayed close the rest of the day. I wasen't taking any more chances on that particular day.

Sorry to hear about the scratches, I know how it feels
sad.gif
But hey, its just paint after all, right??

At least the cop let you go, man that would have been a crappy day <whew>

Danny,

Damn dude... Count your lucky stars.

That kickstand is a tough one! I did a similar thing with mine... Luckily Ben's busa was beside mine and stopped it from hitting the floor. But, it did scratch the hump.

Glad you didn't wreck... That was the first thing I pictured from the topic title!

Keep your chin up bro,
Rip

That is tought and unfortunately it could and/or will happen to all of us at some time. Thankfully only minor damage, but otherwise sounds like a good ride!

Too bad about the scratches Dan, I guess that's why there's a hole in the tail section on the left side, to pick it up! You know how I know that one! At least you got some good twistys in...wish we could do it again.

Hey man sorry to hear about your Sunday ordeal...I don't think I could of pick her up and continued to go riding I'd be way too pissed....Anyway sounds like it turned out kinda OK with the sherriff thing...guess you gotta find the good in every situation..

Keep on rockin'!
egitarre77.gif

Dan

Yup, sorry to hear about you drop and then the cop...
I've done it myself ... In my case I've mounted the bike and then wanted to put it on side stand again to check something... problem was after while it is uncouncious habbit that once you sit on it up the side stand goes...
Forgot to put it down... Even though bike was like 180kg only there was no way I could hold it....

Man, I was super careful after that ....

Cops here are same all over...
If one sees me ... next thing I know he will be on my a** checking my bike over for any mods ( got caught for aftermarket Acrapovic, which was beauty bytheway.... :< )
had to caugh up $300 for it and change back to original...

Anyways ,
Good riding.....

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It literally took me days to stop being pissed about being so stupid. All I can do is be super careful in the future. The cop who stopped me was a pretty nice guy. After all, he let me go, and he did tell me where I could run hot, and where they don't usually partol. Anyhow, the Busa is intact, and still my passion.

Whoa...sorry and congrats and the same time!

Sorry about the drop...nothing ticks you off more when it happens...

But so glad you got out of the ticket! Might not have seemed like your lucky day when you left, but it got a little better...
smile.gif

sux dude, I know how you feel....mine went over in the driveway one day, scratched the right side a bit....I ultimately just got a brand new piece but still sux...

glad you didnt get a ticket though, that would really have sucked
rock.gif

Danny, that sux! yer bike was beautiful! (and I'm sure still is. No scratches on the scorpions I hope! Still can't wait to hear it!

Cops here are same all over...
If one sees me ... next thing I know he will be on my a** checking my bike over for any mods ( got caught for aftermarket Acrapovic, which was beauty bytheway.... :< )
had to caugh up $300 for it and change back to original...

Daraz,

What is the deal with the exhaust? Is aftermarket illeagle in singapore? Was it too loud?

The time I bought it it was illegal... ( still couldn't resist tho)
after about 7months got cought....

Now, you can buy legally approved ( from Yoshi but they are expensive.....)

Back