Sunday in Berlin............

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
Went for a ride on Sunday, so headed up Autobahn 10 to Potsdam. Nice road and no speed limit, so riding in the middle lane at 100mph I see a bike closing fast, he slow and passes me to let me see his new bike. Its a black ZX1400, I have to follow, so off we go, for 6 miles at 150mph with no more that 20 meters apart. The Busa might be 0.1 secs faster on the strip but on the open Autobahn there is nothing in it, wind was a little high so 150 was about fast as both of us wanted to go. Roadworks stopped the fun, and with a wave he turned off. I continued to the next turn off to a biker cafe at Spanische Allee, to have a look at the bikes. My Busa was the only one there, most are HD and HD look a likes.....
laugh.gif

bike_cafe4.jpg

Ride back to my bungalow was fast but uneventful, so say good bye to 4 gallons of super, and I only covered 90 miles
beerchug.gif

heart.gif
that Busa

bike_cafe3.jpg

>"The Busa might be 0.1 secs faster on the strip but on the open Autobahn there is nothing in it,---"<

rock.gif
?

i took it as "there's no difference at speed"...?

i am curious if that's correct?

nice pics, thanks. oh, and you put "super" gasoline in your bike? is'nt it supposed to take "regular" ?

OK guys I will explain, I did not out run him but think I could have,in situations like this it just depends on who has the biggest dogs, (ie crazy MF) As I said, the wind was effecting both bike at 150, I had buffeting from the DB and that made it hard to focus. You must remember Autobahn are not race tracks and it's not big or clever to max your bike out on a public road.  
winkold.gif

Will try again next weekend
laugh.gif

My Busa is a UK model, recommended fuel is 95 octane (Super in Germany)
beerchug.gif

Back