Sui-side stand (gen 3)

Solyom

Donating Member
Registered
Guys,

sui-side stand @ 2:55 I warn everyone to prepare yourselves before watch this... that is...
Oh No Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

Any thoughts, pragmatic approach, mods?

Should I ask why not straight out from the factory??? It is 25 years is behind their back and their mantra is kaizen and stuff...

My Gen2 fell 3 or 4 times.
It fell as I got off of it the first time I put gas in it.
Many of us have been through this.
Suzuki? They simply suck as a company.
What is a company? Basically it's the sum of the people that work there.
I love Suzuki bikes...but anymore...they suck.
No? Look at the long list of Gen3 problems.
The kicker being 2 model years and over a year and a half to issue a recall...for a Failing front break master cylinder.
So the reason, is just sorry people.
The kickstand fix? It's simple, grind or file out a small recess that allows the kickstand to swing a little further forward.
Problem Solved.

I agree big corporations are a bit ... heavy.
Anyway, thanks. I will put a shoe on a side stand, then I will give the grinder a couple of mm workout. Hopefully it won't ruin the footing angle too much.

Any thoughts, pragmatic approach, mods?

Brand new Gen3 (to me) coming home for the very first time.

20230124_171226.JPG

Roll it into the garage and do the sidestand mod. I have ridden the bike zero miles.

20230129_153258.JPG

20230129_153226.JPG

I'm also partial to these sidestand extension plates off eBay. We ride in a lot of desert regions (sandy) and very hot days in summer. These work great, and cheap. $20 shipped tyd

kickstand-plate.jpg

Yeah I agree. Park in gear if there's any hill point the bike uphill and let the bike "rest against" the back wheel. Unfortunately I live in an apartment and the bike is under a cover in the parking lot. We get wind storms here that blow trees down and my bike hasn't fallen over. just be mindful of where and how you park the bike.

Yeah I agree. Park in gear if there's any hill point the bike uphill and let the bike "rest against" the back wheel. Unfortunately I live in an apartment and the bike is under a cover in the parking lot. We get wind storms here that blow trees down and my bike hasn't fallen over. just be mindful of where and how you park the bike.
+ 1 opinion: I just had a call with my dealer on different manner and I asked about this, especially asking the frequency of full left side restoration in their service. (here almost all of these bikes have insurance so you will end up there) He said they did not have a single one. He said there can be one additional thing which need to be considered besides the other obvious facts when you park the bike: this side stand doesn't click automatically in its fully open position like in case of many other bikes. So overall he tends to say it is mostly user error.

+ 1 opinion: I just had a call with my dealer on different manner and I asked about this, especially asking the frequency of full left side restoration in their service. (here almost all of these bikes have insurance so you will end up there) He said they did not have a single one. He said there can be one additional thing which need to be considered besides the other obvious facts when you park the bike: this side stand doesn't click automatically in its fully open position like in case of many other bikes. So overall he tends to say it is mostly user error.

lol, user error, I'de tell him he's an idiot.
And ask him to tell me how many other bikes this happens to, and to go ahead, I'll wait...yeah, it's zero.
Suzuki made a pos design, and it's fitting at this point, as they've become a real pos company.

And ask him to tell me how many other bikes this happens to, and to go ahead, I'll wait...yeah, it's zero.
Suzuki made a pos design, and it's fitting at this point, as they've become a real pos company.
You should not bite the arm which gives you food. Anyway this is just an other view angle.

I pretty much feel the same about corporate Suzuki nowadays . I have watched that company go from legend bikes from 1980 onwards ( with some exceptions of course ) to todays in comparison , mostly mediocre line up . It is a shame because my Suzuki dealership are actually one of the best bunch of people to deal with , luckily they sell KTM too , because that is where I scored the Superduke . I might still get myself a classic Suzuki model , a Gen 1 Busa project , or another old slabbie GSXR1100 , or even a early 80's Katana , the Suzuki bikes I still very much desire .

Back