Sidestand Mod

Deepsix

Registered
I read the mod and it got me worried, I mean I had a Ducati with sui-side stand (auto flip up when u took the weight off of it) and an Aprilia, which was about 2 deg off vertical on the sidestand....but my question is this I have on 09 and it seems ok, did they cure the side stand issue with this model?

Thanks

I never had any issues with the 08...still not quite sure why some are having the problem~!~

I read the mod and it got me worried, I mean I had a Ducati with sui-side stand (auto flip up when u took the weight off of it) and an Aprilia, which was about 2 deg off vertical on the sidestand....but my question is this I have on 09 and it seems ok, did they cure the side stand issue with this model?

Thanks

All Busa's use the same side stand design.

Park in gear and face it uphill if you can :beerchug:

Thanks for the advise, may get a dremmel and just mod it to save the worry, shame there isn't a pic from the back of the bike showing on stand and again after the mod.....hey maybe I can do that this weekend!

I've owned two, an '06 and currently '08. The '06 was lowered 2" in the rear and 1 1/2" up front and never hit the ground. If it gives you piece of mind go for it. Refer to post #3 for some good advice.

:thumbsup:

busa-stand.jpg

or go here...

Buy Now: Hayabusa Kickstands & Adjustable Kickstands, billet, chrome | PashnitMoto

busa-stand.jpg

Thanks for the advise, may get a dremmel and just mod it to save the worry, shame there isn't a pic from the back of the bike showing on stand and again after the mod.....hey maybe I can do that this weekend!

The Hayabusa doesn't "Need" steel braided brake lines or better brake pads,But people do it for better performance and peace of mind. Taking a dremmel to the stand only makes it harder for the stand to collapse. Stand works fine as is. It's a "To each his own" type mod.

However I have never read of anyone doing the mod and complaining about how it was worthless cause they had a "Tip Over"! :thumbsup:

Hope this puts it into perspective a little better. :beerchug:

its funny, I'm in Connecticut visiting my famliy... so I drag the wife to the suzuki dealer... test the seats on all kinds of bikes..its also an apprilia dealer... so I jumped on 8 or 9 bikes befor I jumped on a white 2nd gen...

first thought that came to mind when I lifted it off the side stand...
this is the ONLY bike that is "in gear" inside this dealer. to include the $20K RSV4 that was parked outside on some uneven black top...

coinsidance? probabaly not!

I've been meaning to cut mine for piece-of-mind... just everytime I have time to work on it... I also have time to ride!
Posted via Mobile Device

Back