Subframe update

Jcchen-Good comeback. Seems to me we neen attourneys on our side, especially if he deals with motor vehicle manufactures and rides himself.

Keep posting

Jimjib - wasn't planning on posting any more, but you're post was pretty insulting. You challenge my statements by saying that I know nothing about our f__ked up legal system and how manufacturers are treated. How do you know that? Because you disagree with my statements so I must be wrong? Nice logic. FYI - I happen to be an attorney that represents several major motor vehicle and motor vehicle equipment manufacturers. My DAILY work includes dealings with NHTSA and defending my clients in product liability lawsuits. What are YOUR qualifications?

Maui - couldn't agree with you more. I would love nothing more than to see fewer lawsuits. Ambulance chasers and shysters give all lawyers a bad name.

Rhinoracin and jcchen, you have absolutely no understanding of what a manufacture faces with the f***ed up legal system in this country. If a manufacture admits there is a problem and tries to fix it, it gets used against him in court. YOU JUST CANT BUILD A PERFECT MACHINE! It simply cant be done. I would really like to get my attorneys and put them on your trail and run you through the ringer...you guys would be whining like a little babies

[This message has been edited by jimjib (edited 03 August 2000).]

[This message has been edited by jimjib (edited 03 August 2000).]

Hayawoody,good post.I think someone could sell a bucket of mule s**t to some of these members if another member said he just bought a bucket.And god forbid don't let one bucket have more s**t in it than the other.Somebody is going to SUE.Flame time...

Maui - I outline the elements of a lawsuit in my post to explain how Suzuki can avoid it by doing the right thing. Suzuki merely needs to knock off one of the steps to have a successful defense of a lawsuit. If there is a problem (and all of my posts note "IF"), then it is in Suzuki's best interest to do the right thing.

JC - If you call NHTSA, they will not ask for Suzuki documentation. The NHTSA hotline is established so consumers can file complaints - kind of like the BBB for vehicles. If NHTSA gets a significant number of complaints regarding the same problem, they may investigate (i.e., call Suzuki and ask what's up?). What number is significant depends on the problem. If its a serious enough problem - one complaint may be enough.

If there's a problem with the bike - report it. If not - don't. Pretty simple. As far as the reports, Hayawoody, its not just one guy on this list. Check out last month's MCN. According to the magazine, this has happened a number of times.

'Nuff said - my last post on this topic.

Back