Subframe failure petition

I bet they (American Suzuki) figured that as long as they made the change to the steel subframe in '01 that there would be less potential failure and the overall numbers would just fade away!
rock.gif

What glimmer of hope is there at this point?
suspect.gif
There has aways been a deaf ear to any complaints before.

My signature is in the count and I really hope we can conquer this issue without having to resort to the only fix, aside from replacing to the heavier steel sub-frame, the patch that Gar has shown.

I really think that the Cam Chain Tensioner Recall was their idea, not ours!!!

This is my first post on this site. I have a 2001 I am 541. I hope this makes a difference for everyone who rides the bikes w/the defects.

# 571 I have a 00 busa. Suzuki better hope it doesn't give out on me and cause an accident or it will cost them a hell of alot more than $750.00. Maybe a class action law suit would have them change their tune.

I just signed, and I was #550. I don't understand how you're #571. Anyways, I don't even own a Hayabusa yet. I'm shopping for one and a guy I know is selling me his 2000 Hayabusa with 112 miles on it for only $7,500. He was never able to afford the insurance on it, and he is too scared to ride it. So I was thinking this was a great deal, but now I'm thinking of backing out after hearing of this problem. So should I just go ahead and shop for a 2001-up Hayabusa? I mean the bike looks brand new. It sounded like a good deal to me. If Suzuki won't fix this problem, how can I fix it myself if I decide to go ahead and buy this bike?

I just signed, and I was #550.  I don't understand how you're #571.  Anyways, I don't even own a Hayabusa yet.  I'm shopping for one and a guy I know is selling me his 2000 Hayabusa with 112 miles on it for only $7,500.  He was never able to afford the insurance on it, and he is too scared to ride it.  So I was thinking this was a great deal, but now I'm thinking of backing out after hearing of this problem.  So should I just go ahead and shop for a 2001-up Hayabusa?  I mean the bike looks brand new.  It sounded like a good deal to me.  If Suzuki won't fix this problem, how can I fix it myself if I decide to go ahead and buy this bike?
I have a 2000 Busa and love it. I don't worry about it at all but I don't have passengers either. There has only been a few cases that I have heard about (2 I think) and the dealers that I use have never had any come back. If it really bothers you keep and eye on E Bay and buy a steal sub frame there.
Welcome to the board.
Jim

Thanks man. Yeah I went to the dealership yesterday to look at a 2003 Hayabusa. I explained my situation, and he said that I was getting a good deal on the 2000 and I should go for it. He even said that the only reason these subframes were known to fail was due to corrosion. He said if I only plan to ride the bike in the summer time here in Nebraska I should be fine. By the way, I found out that the bike is an unrestricted version since it was built in '99.

I guess I am going to go for the 2000, however I also found out from the dealer that the same kid I plan to purchase from laid the bike down the first day he got it. That is why he isn't surprised that it only had 112 miles on it. He said the kid had no business buying one, but he paid cash for it. He came in there a few times asking them to sell it for him, at that time he was asking $8,500.00 and no one was biting. I guess it seems I'm coming out on top of this deal, and I don't plan on having passengers either, so I should be fine. If the ladies wanna ride, let them get their own toy.

Switched mine out with a 2002...............and wrote a letter to 20/20, dateline, and the likes!

I have an accident I crash the busa with 50 km/h in a car and the frame was broken.you can add my name on the list.

Signed #558, I dont have a busa now but I will probably at the end of summer at least, and I know I dont want something breaking on me if its suzukis fault.

I just signed it I'm #562. I have a 2000 Busa

Hope this helps out the cause, I wonder if Suzuki really cares?
sarcasm.gif

It's sad if they don't, since so many spent alot of money on many of Their Products Including Hayabusas....
mad.gif

Back