Stupid FI light came on

1313R

Registered
I raced a ZX9 today from a rolling 20...in second gear. My Busa fell flat on it's face from that speed then decided to slaughter the ninja. Afterwards however, my FI light came on and alternated from the clock to the FI. I didn't feel it riding or acting any different. I stopped a few miles later and shut it off, then restarted it. The light went off and I rode the next two or three miles home gettin in the throttle to see if it would come back on. It didn't. My question is shouldn't come back on if there is a problem? I didn't notice anything running a mis, but the light did come on and has got me wondering if I should take it in and have it checked out. Any advice?

Not too sure, but it may have to do w/ your pair setup. I dont know if you have a airbox mod or not. I do and when I hammer my bike my FI light comes on too. I just hit the kill sw. and it seems to go away. There is a way to check for FI codes on the busa, I havent done this yet. Sorry I couldn't be too much help. Just my .02

if you kill the key you can't check it
It does not store codes so ride untill it comes on again then be ready to check it but you have to have two keys+

Hey Johnny, Sorry it's been so long for a reply. Back trouble and lost password. All is good now. I'll try to call the shop today sometime. Thanks.

Back