Street/Track

therel82

Registered
Hello,

I know this maybe a question that gets ask over and over again but I'm seriously in need of some advice!
Ok I'm working with a 07 busa body and frame with a 05 block (long story dont ask), I have a goal to get my bike drag strip ready by next summer season! I dont want to be Smoke from the movie Biker Boys with the baddest and fassest bike in town but I want to be competitive and earn my respect!!! My goal is to be able to ride my bike from state to state and be able to like once a month hit the track and compet. And so far on this mission I've been told that a 1441cc kit will do, I've been told that the anything over 1364cc will turn into a over heating issue etc etc I really dont know who to trust here!!! So this is what I'm going to do just tell ya'll what's done to it (not much) and ya'll tell me what needs to happen please help and knowledge needed here!!!

K&N air filter
D&D 4-2-2 full exhaust
Extended 5 1/2
Lowered 1 1/2

how fast are you wanting to be on the track? there are some factors that can determine which way you go. rider weight etc.. i have an 06 with an 08 crank with 2 stock intake cams and go 8.60's in the quarter. it has a sidewinder, flat oil pan and all. i can ride it on the street but i choose not to. im a 170-75 not suited.

PM gixerhp. He knows what he's talking about and I think he'll be honest with you.

figure out what your total build budget is, and what you want out of the bike. take it to a reputable shop and let them have it.

you will find 50 different opinions about each motor combination or turbo setup, how to build, what parts to use. by the time you get done reading, you will be more confused on the subject than when you started.

I'm going to try and reply back to all at once,

How fast I want to go I dont really know just want to win my share of races. The track where I'm at wednesday nights is grudge night open to whatever and there's no time posted just the light to show which lane was faster!!! I'm a 230 pounded right now but will be back in shape around 200Lbs by summer season !!!

The PM Jixxer I will check that out

Question on the Turbocharge will the consist boost preesure be a problem toward the longevity of the block. So i guess buliding the block up a little bit would be a needed thing for this application?

And also yes I'm getting all types of different adivce but i do have one guy that iI really do trust and is very known for his work but I'm throwing htis out there to get a feel for more knowledge before i make a move!

And my budget is at $3500

Thanks for the responses please keep them coming !!!!

Hello,

I know this maybe a question that gets ask over and over again but I'm seriously in need of some advice!
Ok I'm working with a 07 busa body and frame with a 05 block (long story dont ask), I have a goal to get my bike drag strip ready by next summer season! I dont want to be Smoke from the movie Biker Boys with the baddest and fassest bike in town but I want to be competitive and earn my respect!!! My goal is to be able to ride my bike from state to state and be able to like once a month hit the track and compet. And so far on this mission I've been told that a 1441cc kit will do, I've been told that the anything over 1364cc will turn into a over heating issue etc etc I really dont know who to trust here!!! So this is what I'm going to do just tell ya'll what's done to it (not much) and ya'll tell me what needs to happen please help and knowledge needed here!!!

K&N air filter
D&D 4-2-2 full exhaust
Extended 5 1/2
Lowered 1 1/2

Leave it like that get some runs in, get your 60 ft and launch respectable as is.. What are you running on the bike now??? Save your performance modding for after you get your technique down pact. If it already is down pact just ignore my comment :laugh:

listen to your guy that you trust. if you want a recipe to piss off a builder, ask them for advice, do the opposite, and then ask them why it doesnt work.

These articles might give you some ideas:
:: DRAGBIKE.COM :: DRAGBIKE MAGAZINE :: Gen 1 Hayabusa Build: Part 1 - Operation Specs ::
:: DRAGBIKE.COM :: DRAGBIKE MAGAZINE :: Gen 1 Hayabusa Build: Part 2 ::

In the 2nd article Michael Tlapa upgraded from the PCII in the article to the PCIII USB and went from 171 hp to 182 hp. So far with a 4" over bike he has run a personnel best of 9.43 prior to the new PCIII USB. We are thinking he should get in the high 9.20's low 9.30's.

Unless you want to do some long term upgrading, if you race the bike regularly, I would not consider the Turbo as you will have to do maintenance if you run it on stock internals in a race application.

Back