Strapping down

gsx1300rr

Registered
I have been considering lowering my bike or strapping it down to make it not so flighty at 30-40mph roll ons. Does that compromise top speed? If you had three identical bikes, A. was strapped, B. was lowered, and C is stock height. How would it effect the top end? Also, how involved it is to strap down the front. Is it practical and easy, or does it take a while?

I wouldnt strap the front and ride it on the street.

what do you mean by flighty?

I wouldnt strap it to ride on the street either, Holding those forks down all the time will put excessive stress on the seals.

Lower it with a tripple tree, I know its more expensive but worth it in the long run.

If your only looking for 1" here is an inexpensive way to do it.

SOUPY'S MOTORCYCLE LOWERING KITS, HONDA LOWERING, KAWASAKI LOWERING, YAMAHA LOWERING, SUZUKI LOWERING, TRIUMPH LOWERING, SPEED TRIPLE LOWERING, STREET TRIPLE LOWERING, GSXR LOWERING LINK, GSXR LOWERING KIT, RAISING LINKS, RISER LINK, KAWASAKI ZX14 LO

Heres a pic of it installed, Very easy to install as well

===================================================================

000_2816.jpg

Thanks for the comments. I will def not be strapping it down for the road. I was just trying to think of ways to nail it around 30-40 mph w/out the front wheel flying up when I mess around with my friend that has a K5, and also not sacrifice the top end.

I would not strap it anywhere other than at a track, and all you have to do is take a little of the slack out of the fork travel. you still want a little bit so the bike can depress the forks when you hit the brakes that way you don't wash out the front end.

I would either do the soupys or buy a new top clamp, and lower the rear end the same amount.

Back