Strapping the bike

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I am really wanting to put the busa into the back of the Van when I go to the bash. Can someone tell me how much I will lower the entire bike if I strap the front and rear. I almost have it where it will fit into the van.

CAp

You could also pop off the wind screen if you didnt already!

Cap, Do you need to lower the bike to get it in the back door? Was going to say pull the windshield as suggested. PD busa hauls two busas in the back of a van, you may PM him and ask. Also, the Baxley sport chock is the bomb. Just two straps on the rear pegs and your good to go.
race.gif

(GSXcite @ Mar. 20 2007,12:28) Cap, use a Baxley sport chock, and you won't have to suck the front down at all. Just two straps on the rear pegs pulling foreward and out, and your good to go!
I have to get the bike in the van before I can use the baxley.. I have to get the thing in the door first... Im within an inch or two of having this working.... Man you want to talk about making it nice, no trailer.

The strap will drop the front like 4-5 inches. Just push down while holding the front brake and pull with the other hand. You can strap the back also to get your bike into a vehicle.

(GMbusa @ Mar. 20 2007,13:04) The strap will drop the front like 4-5 inches.  Just push down while holding the front brake and pull with the other hand.   You can strap the back also to get your bike into a vehicle.
Perfect, I only need about 1 inch to get it in through the door. I can take the straps off once I get to the bash....

Length wise the bike will fit, I will have a headlight close enough for me to pet on the way...

(captain @ Mar. 20 2007,18:09)
(GMbusa @ Mar. 20 2007,13:04) The strap will drop the front like 4-5 inches.  Just push down while holding the front brake and pull with the other hand.   You can strap the back also to get your bike into a vehicle.
Perfect, I only need about 1 inch to get it in through the door. I can take the straps off once I get to the bash....

Length wise the bike will fit, I will have a headlight close enough for me to pet on the way...
I bet the front fender will make a good arm rest.

laugh.gif

Cap'n...
wow.gif
.. you should know better then anyone else...

This thread is usless without pics!
SHOCKED.gif

once inside the van release it as much as you can without making it loose...

another member blew out his fork seals while strapped down heading to daytona.

there's really no need to do more than hold it in the chock.

If it's a full size chevy van, it will slide right in. Even with a Puig D/B. Just get the ramp as level as possible.

Bash.jpg

Thats not the exact van either, just one I pulled off the Internet

Back