strapping down your busa question?

silver04busa

Registered
i have a question i bought a new trailer for my new busa
i also bought some soft-tye 18" tie downs.
now will the tie downs clear the fairings or is there a better way to do this or do i need something else to tie it down pics would be greatly appreciated if possible.
thankyou for your help before hand.

<!--EDIT|silver04busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098039620 -->

Depends on what kind of trailer that you have. Here is a post showing BT's former 'Busa tied down, but most people won't have a trailer of this size <a href="https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=12;t=18163">'Da Train<a>. I have a motorcycle trailer that has the tie-down points at much more of an angle and I use a canyon dancer strap with a towel wrapped around it to prevent damage to the fairing. I'll try to find pics for 'ya!

Welcome to the board.
The best $200 you'll ever spend.  
thumbs-up.gif
 I bought two and love them.  I'll never drop my bike in the trailer again.  
super.gif

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098042363 -->

1.jpg

I bought three sets of mounting pads so I came move them around to haul one or two bikes.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098041868 -->

trailer.JPG

That being the case you will definitely need a canyon dancer strap. An alternative would be to tie it down from the lower triple tree. Also, don't know if you have considered putting frame sliders on your bike (or have already), but you can get a set from Yoyodyne that can be used to tie down the bike also. Here's there site: <a href="http://www.yoyodyneti.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=223">Yoyodyne<a>

Hey BigBS, I read somewhere about gettin' pieces of PVC that fit over the busa grips and extend out past the end of the bar ends a little. You put them on, then put the canyon dancer strap on those to give you enough clearance to miss the fairing on trailers that are not wide. I haven't tried it, but I'll prolly make some for Da Demon. The Canyon Dancer kinda deforms the grips a little while it's tied down with the Canyon Dancer. They looked normal as soon as I took 'em off but I only hauled it that one time and it was only really tightened down for maybe two hours. I figure if you haul a good bit you could end up with messed up or torn rubber on yer grips. Just a thought...

Welcome to the board.
The best $200 you'll ever spend.
thumbs-up.gif
I bought two and love them. I'll never drop my bike in the trailer again.
super.gif
I'd love to have one of those for the garage and for the rare occasion I'd trailer my bike.
super.gif
It was a real beeyotch gettin' Da Train tied down by myself.
drooling3.gif

super.gif

I haven't had any trouble with the canyon dancer strap and I had mine tied down tight for about 4 days. It's a good idea though and I may look into it the next time I trailer her up.

I haven't had any trouble with the canyon dancer strap and I had mine tied down tight for about 4 days. It's a good idea though and I may look into it the next time I trailer her up.
It didn't damage Train's grips but it did deform them somewhat while it was tied down. May have been due to the different angles in our tie down points. Mine was prolly a little higher and further forward than most would use. The trailer I borrowed wasn't exactly ideal for haulin' bikes.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098099221 -->

Back