Stretched Busa Question

This is a little off topic girls but talking about riding technique look for a copy of Keith Codes "Twist of the Wrist" although this is a "Racing" book it is 100% transferable to street riding and will give you some major insight into steering traction leaning. I promise it's worth the read, it changed my racing result almost over night
Marie
Queen of the Banned

I used to be a twisties rider, until I had a close encounter (near miss) with a semi cutting a turn into my oncoming lane. Went to a stretched 240 Busa (6" stretch) and am now a boulevard/freeway rider. I'll ride a twisty occassionally, but not nearly as fast. You just need to lean harder and slow up a little.

Do you really have to try to push the bike to the limit to enjoy the ride.

Do you really have to try to push the bike to the limit to enjoy the ride.

No! But you do have to push your limits on occasion in order to improve. This is why I encourage track time for all, young or old, slow or fast. The track is a much safer environment than the streets to learn and push your abilities a bit. Plus, good sound riding instruction is readily available.

I was told once by a long time racer, "If you never scare yourself you aren't going to get much better".

No! But you do have to push your limits on occasion in order to improve. This is why I encourage track time for all, young or old, slow or fast. The track is a much safer environment than the streets to learn and push your abilities a bit. Plus, good sound riding instruction is readily available.

I was told once by a long time racer, "If you never scare yourself you aren't going to get much better".

Agreed:thumbsup:

I will be honest, I am slightly afraid of track days. I have heard good and bad, but I am certainly not at the level of Track riding.

I'm pretty sure the first time you chased me down the pig trail was before the extensions.

I think you may be correct,

Now with that being said, I cant say as though I noticed a huge difference after the stretch, But then again that first time I was so freakin excited I cant really remember anything except trying to keep up with BUSAWHIPPED. and I think I held my own in Eureka after the stretch.

Either way. I like the way it looks as well ( Spoken like a true Poser ) :laugh:

I will be honest, I am slightly afraid of track days. I have heard good and bad, but I am certainly not at the level of Track riding.

To be perfectly honest Track Days are supposed to be just that "A day at the Track riding around" Problem is there are always Ego's and guys get overly aggressive sometimes.
My best recommnedation is try one of the "Women Only" Track Days. Although there are not very many the number is growing. I haven't had the opportunity to do a Womens Track Day but believe me I have done my time rubbing elbows with the guys Racing, and if your not pretty confident it can be intimidating!
If you go out on the Track Racing or doing Trackdays with the Guys if the pace is too fast or the other Riders intimidating then it's really hard to learn anything because your stuck in survival mode and have no room left over to learn.
With a slower pace then you can explore your limits, mentally and physically and your bikes limits power traction brakes.
I still agree Track Days are the best route to improved Rider skills just find a Womens Track Day or a small class. The beginners classes in most don't allow passing and hold the pace down pretty much.
Marie
Queen of the Banned

I think you may be correct,

Now with that being said, I cant say as though I noticed a huge difference after the stretch, But then again that first time I was so freakin excited I cant really remember anything except trying to keep up with BUSAWHIPPED. and I think I held my own in Eureka after the stretch.

Either way. I like the way it looks as well ( Spoken like a true Poser ) :laugh:

I thought that you did well, it seemed like ya rode the wheels off of it at Eureka.:thumbsup:

hey Pebbles,
Don't be put off by some of the negative talk that you might hear from time to time by some people that may have only ever done just one day at a track and had a bad experience !
On any given track day, there are all sorts of riders on all sorts of bikes at all different skill levels!!!
Everyone is there to improve their (conering, braking, handling) skills....and have alot of fun at the same time !
Just start out in the group (A,B,C,D,etc.) that you feel most comfortable in.
If you start in a lower group and you find that all the other bikes are getting in your way alot (fairly good chance with 'busa power), you can usually move up to the next group where most are running around the same times !
After just one full track day, you'll probably find that you take a whole new "mind-set" to your next road-ride....and your cornering will become alot easier & more "fluid" (& you'll enjoy the ride even more) !
keep it fun,
bazman.:thumbsup:

Back