Storing bike while garage built

busafng

Registered
I need a place to store my beautiful 03 while the old termite farm of a garage I have had it in is replaced with a spanking new 2 car garage. the builders are friends of mine, say it will take about 30 days to build the new one. I would rather not pay $100 and sign a contract for a storage unit for that short a time. What is the feasibility of storing it inside the house and what would I need to do to it. No gas or oil leaks but I suspect the gas tank is vented so would rather not have gas fumes in the house. Is this a nuts idea? Yes, the wifey is cool with it in the dining room if I want it there. Thanks for any comments and of course I expect the ones about "leave it with me and I'll take GOOD care of it." ya right.

I have friends that keep theirs in the house with no problems, they even work on them in the kitchen.

Its no big deal man.

DSC02817.JPG

DSC03548.JPG

DEMMYM takes "Misty" to the bedroom and sleeps right next to her. He strokes her saddle. Grabs her cans and even has night sweats all over her. I do believe he vents the windows (just hate to be his neighbor with all those noises going on)....:poke: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Besides my cat loves it! Funny thing is if you sit on the bike WHILE the cat is, my busa sounds like a 600 at redline....when its not even running!

(see pic 2)

Well that's a complete answer to that question. Thanks all. Criomega, with that collection I need to do what you do for a living. Impressive.

DEMMYM takes "Misty" to the bedroom and sleeps right next to her. He strokes her saddle. Grabs her cans and even has night sweats all over her. I do believe he vents the windows (just hate to be his neighbor with all those noises going on)....:poke: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I hope for his safety he doesn't "shine" the tires:laugh:

Initially, I thought the idea was crazy but I see many people do it. My only concern would be the smell but I guess I don't really smell anything in my garage.

I know several peeps that keep them in the house. The hard core guys use them for a gaming chair while playing Moto GP 09. :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Well that's a complete answer to that question. Thanks all. Criomega, with that collection I need to do what you do for a living. Impressive.

I don't have all my bikes in the house. The M109R and the GSXR1000 are in the garage.:whistle:

I even run the bikes in the house! The smell of burned fuel beats febreze anyday. If I don't run the bikes you would never know they where in the house due to any smells.

long as they don't leak anything...

Back