stock rim

Rhythm aint kiddin,his mess looks chrome including his mufflers!
beerchug.gif

I thought about doing something with the rim lip too but the rims stay dirty all the time ! Spend the time to clean them up and after 1 ride they look crappy again .So I'm leary about changing the black .

?? anyone have any ideas on the cost of power coating rims ?
heveing them polished probly $$

I don't know what mine are costing me yet, I'll ask... The bearings got yanked, then they went out for sandblasting and then to the PC shop with my red hump for color matching. The PC shop has been shut down for the holidays... I specified "no rush" so it would be less $$$

(ranman @ Jan. 03 2007,03:15) thanks DNGrumpy let  me know when you do
beerchug.gif
Im getting Grumpys wheels done ill let you know what the prices are later in the week!

(Warputer @ Jan. 02 2007,08:13) I thought about doing something with the rim lip too but the rims stay dirty all the time ! Spend the time to clean them up and after 1 ride they look crappy again .So I'm leary about changing the black .
I don't routinely bother, but it's real easy and quick after a ride; watch those hot azz rotors; to wipe them down after each ride.
tounge.gif

(ranman @ Jan. 01 2007,07:06) well its a new year
super.gif

and with the new year comes new ideas.
looking for some info on the stock rims, i have 06 black rims and looking to do something diffrent to them?
has anyone tryed haveing them glass beaded to take them to a finish like the frame?
or a wire wheel to give them a brushed finish?
or ideas on striping the paint from them? and once they are striped do they have to be clear coated, or can they be left alone?
thanks for the input and your ideas
Dearborn must be flat and straight.
laugh.gif

There is a shop in Western MA that quoted $300 for a pair if the bearings were removed prior to drop off, that included blasting and finish in a stock color, no clear.

GIXER is getting mine done and was kind enough to yank the bearings etc... He'll post up when he knows how much.

thank you for your help
beerchug.gif

might get them blasted then clear coated. or trade for some silver le wheels.

(dadofthree @ Jan. 03 2007,06:09)
(ranman @ Jan. 01 2007,07:06) well its a new year
super.gif

and with the new year comes new ideas.
looking for some info on the stock rims, i have 06 black rims and looking to do something diffrent to them?
has anyone tryed haveing them glass beaded to take them to a finish like the frame?
or a wire wheel to  give them a brushed finish?
or ideas on striping the paint from them? and once they are striped do they have to be clear coated, or can they be left alone?
thanks for the input and your ideas
Dearborn must be flat and straight.  
laugh.gif
rock.gif

Back