stock rim

ranman

busaless but lovin the weather
Donating Member
Registered
well its a new year
super.gif

and with the new year comes new ideas.
looking for some info on the stock rims, i have 06 black rims and looking to do something diffrent to them?
has anyone tryed haveing them glass beaded to take them to a finish like the frame?
or a wire wheel to give them a brushed finish?
or ideas on striping the paint from them? and once they are striped do they have to be clear coated, or can they be left alone?
thanks for the input and your ideas

DSCF1695.JPG

I've seen guys just swap em for 06LE's. you have serveral options
polish the lip
polish the whole rim
paint em
powder coat
last but not least chrome

I have a set out for PC now and will soon have a set of 04' LE's to sell.  They have the stock Dunlops still on them with about 3200 miles of use.  They will go complete with spacers, bearings & hub.  I'll sell or trade for something when my other set comes back...

DNGrumpy when you get ready shoot me a pm. mabe we can make a deal
beerchug.gif

I'm going chrome. All I need is a set to exchange. Jan/feb time frame. I have the silver rims. I'm sure others will post up

I'll see if I can get an idea of when mine will be done, last I heard they were leaving the sandblaster and on their way. I still to buy new tires...

(rockadaous @ Jan. 01 2007,09:48) I'm going chrome. All I need is a set to exchange. Jan/feb time frame. I have the silver rims. I'm sure others will post up
PM sent..

(ranman @ Jan. 01 2007,10:12) what is the best way to polish??
I found the info i needed to get started polishing here

https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=6;t=33919;hl=frame+and+polishing

(Pops Roos @ Jan. 01 2007,11:25)
(rockadaous @ Jan. 01 2007,09:48) I'm going chrome.  All I need is a set to exchange.  Jan/feb time frame.  I have the silver rims.  I'm sure others will post up
PM sent..
wink.gif
gotcha covered

hey Pops Roos just ot back to the thread, did you strike a deal with rockadaous
for his silver rims?

Randy, Yes I did, but if your interested in his stock wheels I'll step back right now. Didn't mean to step on your toes.. Just need to jump on things when they come about or you end up left out..

no its all good
beerchug.gif
just checking before i contacted him.
yep youre right got to move fast around here. that is a real stand up thing to offer. by stepping back. thanks ,but go ahead
super.gif
not 100% sure of what i`m going to do yet.

(ranman @ Jan. 01 2007,12:06) no its all good
beerchug.gif
just checking before i contacted him.
yep youre right got to move fast around here. that is a real stand up thing to offer. by stepping back. thanks ,but go ahead
super.gif
not 100% sure of what i`m going to do yet.
No problem..
wink.gif

(mattyss @ Jan. 01 2007,08:29)
(ranman @ Jan. 01 2007,10:12) what is the best way to polish??
I found the info i needed to get started polishing here  

https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=6;t=33919;hl=frame+and+polishing
wow that is a lot of work
thanks for the link

(ranman @ Jan. 01 2007,12:32) hey Pops Roos  just ot back to the thread, did you strike a deal with rockadaous
for his silver rims?
dude did you go get some lunch or something
laugh.gif

Hey Ran, just use gasket remover on the rims. Don't waste your time on the spokes because I do believe they're powder coated and paint stripper or gasket remover (my favorite) wont put a nick in the surface. So dont waste your time worry or taping off the spoke area.
Dont ask how I know !!!
cool.gif

Once you remove the paint off the lips hit me back and I walk you through a easy polishing procedure to get them to shined up real nice.

Back