stock ecu re-map

metric03

Registered
so I know there are a ton of programmers to get this done out there, but honestly i wont be buying anymore upgrades for the bike. now i have heard of people doing this but when i called my local shop they said they couldn't, does any one have any more info on how/where they were able to do this, i have 2003 model, thanks for any info.

Go to Aurora Suzuki in Seattle. They did mine with a Teka and it cost me $46! Money well spent!:thumbsup:

so I know there are a ton of programmers to get this done out there, but honestly i wont be buying anymore upgrades for the bike. now i have heard of people doing this but when i called my local shop they said they couldn't, does any one have any more info on how/where they were able to do this, i have 2003 model, thanks for any info.

Dave Owen 508-802-0425 If you want to flash it.

Most are not tuning engine with the ECU, only making other changes to it. In extreme cases I guess you could do a gross tune on the ECU and then fine tune it with a PC or Bazzaz tuner.

The TEKA is an option, but it only makes broad changes to the ECU.

Last edited:
just got off the phone with aurora suzuki, they don't have a dyno but can do the map, professor, is that number someone near seattle? with out a dyno they said they would be guessing as to the results. thanks for the replies by the way.

I had simple (Devil) bolt on's. So the need for a PC and a full dyno tune was not a priority. I just wanted to get rid of the Mid range stumble it picked up with the muffler swap. If you have a full system or other more substantial mods you will need to get a PC or one of the other options and tune it on a dyno. You didn't mention what mods you had.

The Teka AS used is a plug in unit that makes coarse trim adjustments to the stock ECU and then unplugs. I will inevitably buy a Power commander or Bazzaz but for now I am happy with it as is.

lees performance in charlotte nc remaps tha stock ecu. i also have a 03 busa wit 4 into 1 exhaust,pair box mod,air box mod that he performed, but he charges 300 to do so,about tha same as u would pay for a pc

yah, it seemed that you would need to know what to do before hand if just using the teka box, ive done the airbox mod, short v-stacks and am running straight pipes(swapped the mufflers out with homemade ports), so maybe it's not worth it if they can't be sure, thanks though.

I think I m gonna have mine tuned with a Taka untill I do a few more mods and then try the Bazazz!

just got off the phone with aurora suzuki, they don't have a dyno but can do the map, professor, is that number someone near seattle? with out a dyno they said they would be guessing as to the results. thanks for the replies by the way.

F guessing.
F the Teka box
and
Dave O works at Lee's

Lee's? sorry i live on the penninsula and not familiar with other dealers/shops, do you have more info, price?

IF YOU JUST WANT THE FUEL ADJUSTED L,M,H THEN YOU CAN HAVE ANYDEALER WITH A TEKA TOOL OR YOSHI BOX DO THAT. BUT IF YOU WANT IT FLASH THEN GET IN TOUCH WITH DAVEO, AT PRESENT ANY MAP IN THE ECU CAN BE ADJUSTED, AS WELL AS THE IGNITION MAPS, RPM CAN BE LOWERED OR RAISE OVER ALL OR IT CAN BE GEAR DEPENDENT (HAVE DIFFERENT LIMITERS FOR DIFFERENT GEARS) REMOVE THE 6 GEAR LIMITER. ADJUST FOR DIFFERENT SIZE INJECTORS AND FUEL PRESSURE. CAN ALSO BE SETUP FOR TWO DIFFERENT MAP SELECTABLE ON THE FLY. AND IF YOU ARE NOT USING THE AIRBOX FLAP (VCSV) THE OUTPUT CAN BE USE AS A SHIFT LIGHT. PLUS MUCH MORE....I HAVE TESTED ALL THE ABOVE AND IT ALL WORKS. IF THAT WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING TO DO CALL DAVEO...(i don't and won't do any of this for anyone, i do it as a hobby, guys like Daveo does it for a living, so don't ask.)

Last edited:
135 for dyno time sounds like they will strap it down and make one pull. I'd bet you get a lot more assistance from GoldenChild even if it is a long drive.

just remember if you use a Teka or you box.
you will HAVE to take it back and have them Zero it out before you can do anything else.
why waste time and money do it correctly the first time

by doing so....i wun b needing my smart tre anymore?? how bout my pc3usb? can the rev line be increase say 12k? :cheerleader: keen 2 know bro

Guys i live in South Africa - ox-wagons are fast here! I have removed my Busa's flap valve and still i have a rotten low down response.I stay at sea level , what should i do with my ECU?:bowdown::bowdown:

Back