Maps

solarbarack

Donating Member
Registered
What about starting a thread for maps? I think there are a lot of people on here that need maps for the mods they have done or are about to do. They also might not be near a dyno, or are afraid their tuner doesn't have a clue. I know there would be a lot to consider when using these maps, like use at own risk. I think if people post as much info as posible about the maps, and what they fit it could benifit a lot of people.

I think you just did start one
smile.gif
. I've experimented with the Dynojet maps and a couple that members have been nice enough to share with me. Even though a tuning is obviously best, as you noted, the specific Dynojet maps seem to work very well.

When I get home tonight I'll upload some, and if everthing works out maybe I'll get this topic a pin.

I think we would need to be careful of posting maps that are published already by dynojet. These maps are for customers who have purchased a dynojet box and aren't intended for others. The same would hold true for Brock's maps.

Also if someone posts a map they need to be very specific to the details of their bikes setup. For instance I have one map for running fuel at 45 psi with small box mod +no tre +full unwrapped Akra exhaust system, another for running 65 psi with large box mod +w/tre +full wrapped Akra exhaust, and a third for large box mod +w/tre +wrapped exhaust +no can +running race gas for top end... Also most of my maps run on the rich side.

sorry to muddy the water but I really wouldn't know what the effects would be on someone elses bike unless they're running the same exact setup as my own.

I think we would need to be careful of posting maps that are published already by dynojet. These maps are for customers who have purchased a dynojet box and aren't intended for others. The same would hold true for Brock's maps.

Also if someone posts a map they need to be very specific to the details of their bikes setup. For instance I have one map for running fuel at 45 psi with small box mod +no tre +full unwrapped Akra exhaust system, another for running 65 psi with large box mod +w/tre +full wrapped Akra exhaust, and a third for large box mod +w/tre +wrapped exhaust +no can +running race gas for top end... Also most of my maps run on the rich side.

sorry to muddy the water but I really wouldn't know what the effects would be on someone elses bike unless they're running the same exact setup as my own.
I 100% agree these would have to be donated by people that know what they have. These would also have to be used by people that know there is nothing saying this will, or will not harm your bike. You use these at your own behalf. Nobody makes any representation as to the suitability of these maps, nor the equipment you intend to use these on. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK...

I had a raven (R1) the site I was on when I had that bike was just like this one very good. However let me tell you ahead of time if there is a tunner here like over there dont do it , what happend was the tunner was mad because he made a custom map for a bunch of people and the guy's on that site shared them. well the tunner lost his mind and stated,"that is my map you cant do that." The site refused to take it off and the tunner that was so helpfull stopped helping people from that site. Now he charges crazy money to do stuff. All because he refused to understand that when he sold the map it was sold. He stated that the map is his and always will be and you are taking money from possible customers from him by giving it away..;...... Just a thought...

As great of an idea as it may seem 071300r has a very good point. The oRg. is a place I call my second home and yes there is quite a few tuners on here. I'm going to let this one float for a few more days and then do a poll.

The way i look at it (and most of the tuners i've talked to seem to agree) Is i Paid for my map, If i want to share it that's my business. Just before you start sharing maps make sure you understand that using someone elses map may just make your bike rin like sh*t. I've heard it can damage things also. SO if someone with close to the same mods as me want to use mine let me know. just understand it's at your own risk.

Dont want to be a spoil sport  
dunno.gif

BUT and i think its a BIG BUT, no two bikes are the same
sad.gif
 so i dont think using a map from another source will be of any help, it may in fact do the opposite and make the bike run worst than it currently is ?

Is it not best and cheaper in the long run to get your bike set up on a dyno with the correct map in the first place, this may save you a few problems and money in the long run  
dunno.gif

take for example someone has a Busa with a yoshi RS3 system, BMC filter, small stacks ,,,, this person then puts their map on here, someone loads it into their PC, problems the BMC filter thats in this map is the R version and not the S version that this person wants ? you also have to consider what type of Temperature / air humidity / fuel that the bike was set up to run with ?

dunno.gif

Back