stock 03 busa what would be first performance mod. that should be made?

Have suspension set up for you. Don't change tire size.

1. Trash old exhaust - weighs 45# & get lighter full system. I have a Hindle titanium system that weighs 7#.

2. Airbox mod & remove emissions crap

3. Power Commander

4. HID

Brakes! Definately BRAKES! The stock bike as we know goes hellafast! And you can find mods and upgrades as you learn the bike but Stainless braided lines or better yet Carbon along with some HH pads will dramtically help the one of the weakest links in the Gen 1 Busa. If you have $$$ I would go with a complete brake upgrade to Berringer or Brembo. Pashnit and Cloud 9 Have great prices.

These are all great suggestions. What do you want the bike to be?.
If you want the drag race/street race look then lower the bike and stretch it. There are many lowering links available for the Busa that will do what you want. Also there are many swing arm extensions out there too. Beware of bargain priced extensions. You really do get what you pay for here. To lower the front you can either do spacers or change out the stock triple tree. Personally I don't like the spacers because they just look cheesy to me. They are cheap...but they also look like it too.
Exhaust would be the first power upgrade. One because you will enjoy the sound, two because you will be shedding some weight from the bike. Horse power gains are not that great. Horse power for dollar there are much better buys out there, NITROUS !!!.
Basically think about what you are going to do and what you want your bike to be. Do that and you will usually end up happy. Feel free to check out our parts and other suppliers. All though I know I'm a bit jaded, you will see the difference in ours !! Lol:welcome:

I would like to lower bike for better looking stance, rear tire to 200/50/17 and sprocket change as suggested earlier in this thread, air box mod. and yosh. exhaust cans. For body mods I like the chrome fairing screens, drag style front seat and then lighted kani's that I have available.....stretched swing arm isn't for me.

If anyone is interested in these lighted kanji's email me scgreenwell@rocketmail.com I can get them there not available anywhere else..here's a pic available in red and white/red....
11-28-2009 030 (1024x768).jpg

11-28-2009 030 (1024x768).jpg

The first mod you should do is getting a good set of hid's. It will make it so much better for riding at night. After that I would do a air filter, full exhaust, power commander w/ a good tune, and then get your suspension tuned for you and the style of riding that you do. This is the best site for you to ask questions about the 'Busa. :beerchug:

Have suspension set up for you. Don't change tire size.

1. Trash old exhaust - weighs 45# & get lighter full system. I have a Hindle titanium system that weighs 7#.

2. Airbox mod & remove emissions crap

3. Power Commander

4. HID

+1:thumbsup:

Back