stock 03 busa what would be first performance mod. that should be made?

greensleeves

Registered
would like some info on first performance mods. recommended. 2003 busa: air intake k&n upgrade done, next ??? would also like to upgrade rear tire size, how big should you go? 200/50/17 i was thinking. thanks to all that reply
Posted via Mobile Device

HID - improved night riding performance! :laugh:

Wider tire = slower turn-in. Stick with the 190 or maybe even look at going 180 for faster turn-in.

would like some info on first performance mods. recommended. 2003 busa: air intake k&n upgrade done, next ??? would also like to upgrade rear tire size, how big should you go? 200/50/17 i was thinking. thanks to all that reply
Posted via Mobile Device

what about performance upgrade?
Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

also i should mention that i have factory warranty for 2 more years remaining and maintenance service contract for 3 years that takes care all costs of service: oil,filters adjustments ect....
Posted via Mobile Device

I dunno about what's good or bad for warranty.

If your looking at 200 tires you probably wanna go straight.

Lowering, gearing, brakes, stretching, are a few that prob won't affect warranty.

Exhaust and tune is at the top but don't know what your warranty will say about those.
Posted via Mobile Device

he said 200 not 360......... we can still drag knee:laugh: DO IT .....

Yea yea. Just figured with the width and profile he's wanting to get the most flat contact. You know what they say happens when you assume. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

can you lower stock suspension to give a better looking stance? i think it looks to high in rear, pics in gallary. what sprocket size would be good choice mostly in city riding with some interstate runs<br />
<font size="1"><i>Posted via Mobile Device</i></font>

Last edited:
You have to buy parts to lower.

To lower front there's a few options. Basically your sliding the forks up. To do this the top clamp has to be either raised with a spacer like soupys sales or a top clamp or triple tree setup. I like the triple tree. Cleans things up a bit.

For the rear you need susp links. There are the adjustable threaded ones and the three hole type "dogbones".

Sprockets are a lot of preference. I run 17-45 (stock is 18 43) on my gen two. The more you travel in that direction the higher rpms go across board. I highly reccomend talking to boostbysmith and getting a speedohealer if you do re gear. Simple easy way to make your speedo accurate. I'd say buy a rear sprocket you wanna try say a +2 rear and see how you like it. If you want more a -1 front is about the same as a +2 rear. If you don't like it put your stock back on and put the aftermarket for sale.
Posted via Mobile Device

r thoughs tre units good for gains?
You have to buy parts to lower.

To lower front there's a few options. Basically your sliding the forks up. To do this the top clamp has to be either raised with a spacer like soupys sales or a top clamp or triple tree setup. I like the triple tree. Cleans things up a bit.

For the rear you need susp links. There are the adjustable threaded ones and the three hole type "dogbones".

Sprockets are a lot of preference. I run 17-45 (stock is 18 43) on my gen two. The more you travel in that direction the higher rpms go across board. I highly reccomend talking to boostbysmith and getting a speedohealer if you do re gear. Simple easy way to make your speedo accurate. I'd say buy a rear sprocket you wanna try say a +2 rear and see how you like it. If you want more a -1 front is about the same as a +2 rear. If you don't like it put your stock back on and put the aftermarket for sale.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Tre is a waste imho. Lots of debate and etc all over the board about it.

Install is straight forward with pc3 tune and etc is better left to a tuner. You can get downloadable maps but are just good enough. Also its pretty much a waste unless you do a full system or shorties.
Posted via Mobile Device

Definitely get your suspension set up by a well-reputed mechanic...for whatever style riding you plan to do...it'll change the bike dramatically.

Good luck!

As already mentioned by others:
for safety I would say HID first,
for all around improvement get the suspension tunned,
for a little more fun drop a tooth on the front sprocket,
for looks get a rear fender eliminator.

Back