Stg 1 Tenative dyno results...

Have you ever thought about going to the bash? A couple of us have been going from waterloo for about 7 years. We always seem to have extra spots in the trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds good. You have lots of room to grow with as the years tick. You will gain about 22hp with a straight pipe setup. Keep the high octane in the tank, just for those boost moments. You do not want to melt your motor. Remember the longer you stay on boost the hotter it Will;l get, and those 2 mile runs will do great stress. Your setup sound good, at the way you are set you will have years of enjoyment.

Have you ever thought about going to the bash? A couple of us have been going from waterloo for about 7 years. We always seem to have extra spots in the trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've kicked it around every year since i joined the org, but its just hard to get away from "life" for any extended period of time..

It's always a challenge of "i could be doing this or that instead"...

Heck im on vacation now, and i still have to go in...i just get to pick what time! i may finally get a chance to sit down this evening and part of tomorow..

hehehehe

Sounds good. You have lots of room to grow with as the years tick. You will gain about 22hp with a straight pipe setup. Keep the high octane in the tank, just for those boost moments. You do not want to melt your motor. Remember the longer you stay on boost the hotter it Will;l get, and those 2 mile runs will do great stress. Your setup sound good, at the way you are set you will have years of enjoyment.

Did i hear an excuse to keep putting race gas in it periodicly :)

Nothing smells better than race gas out the exhaust pipe...

If you did final tuning on race fuel might mean will run slightly rich on pump gas. Which would be a good thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm astounded at those people that can do the 2 mile top end runs..... the bike with 260hp pulls like a freight train all the way to redline. With the right gearing you should easily eclipse the 200mph mark in 1 mile or so. ???

Mine will do just over 160 in a quarter mile. :goodboy:

I'm astounded at those people that can do the 2 mile top end runs..... the bike with 260hp pulls like a freight train all the way to redline. With the right gearing you should easily eclipse the 200mph mark in 1 mile or so. ???

indeed, a 6th gear pull even for a couple seconds will have the bike going from 70 to 120 in no time flat....

i have to admit, i havent even really had to huevo's to give it the gusto and go for broke... but can only imagine based on short little 1st and 2nd gear bursts, what really tearing will be like...

I've been in a lot of very quick cars.... but i am still astounded by the feeling of this bike...

indeed, a 6th gear pull even for a couple seconds will have the bike going from 70 to 120 in no time flat....

i have to admit, i havent even really had to huevo's to give it the gusto and go for broke... but can only imagine based on short little 1st and 2nd gear bursts, what really tearing will be like...

I've been in a lot of very quick cars.... but i am still astounded by the feeling of this bike...

You need to do a 3rd gear run from about 5k-redline and do that until you get into 6th. Damn its a rush like none other! :laugh:

purely hp to weight ratio, it would take approximately an 1000-1100hp Z06 vette to equate to a 260hp busa.

my uncle rode my bike a few years back and thought the tach was climbing really fast and he was actually looking at the speedo :rofl:
He said it felt like it was going to rip his arms out of his sockets. He said that riding a turbo busa will probably be the closest thing to flying a fighter jet as he will ever get! :thumbsup:

You need to do a 3rd gear run from about 5k-redline and do that until you get into 6th. Damn its a rush like none other! :laugh:

purely hp to weight ratio, it would take approximately an 1000-1100hp Z06 vette to equate to a 260hp busa.

my uncle rode my bike a few years back and thought the tach was climbing really fast and he was actually looking at the speedo :rofl:
He said it felt like it was going to rip his arms out of his sockets. He said that riding a turbo busa will probably be the closest thing to flying a fighter jet as he will ever get! :thumbsup:

So very true....

I just need to get this damn weird high speed wheel hop taken care of i am experiencing.... once i hit about 110, it feels like i have a damn rabbit in the back seat thumping that tire...

i know its in the suspension, so i just need to get it dialed in...

However, that said, once i get free of the girlfriend, absolutly going to give it a rip!

I have to admit, when i was riding the busa stock, i always felt like i was in control of the power, no matter how fast i was accelerating... I felt like i was in control...

With the turbo, it really does feel more like i am just hanging on to a damn missle between my legs for dear life...

Re: Stg 1 Te native dyno results...

I Never needed an excuse. I mixed my own.... :) [Using toluene and xylene, and it does smell good.

QUOTE=Goatkart;2621855]Did i hear an excuse to keep putting race gas in it periodicly :)

Nothing smells better than race gas out the exhaust pipe...[/QUOTE]

You could do it but not easily, but that is a whole new discussion.

A lot of other factors to consider, wind resistance being the largest.

Re: Stg 1 Te native dyno results...

I Never needed an excuse. I mixed my own.... :) Using toluene and xylene, and it does smell good.

Hahaha, xylene and toluene, i used those back in the day when i was racing my S/C v6...

homemade rocket fuel i used to call it!

Back